Radiance Monster Hunter (OCC Thread)

tglassy

Adventurer
Sure the Republic of Texas will be added as an independent nation, one of the stronger ones in the New World :)

Thank you!

In that case, my Atlan is a Texan. Judging from the fact that the British Empire still controls the colonies, most Texans would have originally been British citizens (just as real Texans were originally American colonists. Well, those that weren't Mexican or Native American).

It should be said that no matter what nationality they come from or wind up living in, a Texan always considers themselves Texan first. I feel that, having close ties with the British Empire, my Atlan (he really needs a name) could have joined the shadows as sort of a 'loan' to the British Empire, almost like a tribute to keep close ties between the Republic of Texas and the British Empire. He's still a Texan, but he swears loyalty to the Empire.

I like this reason, because it means he's still a Texan at heart, as it should be. He'd still be loyal to the Empire, and would have no qualms about taking the oath, as long as ties to Texas remain peaceful. If the Empire and Texas ever went to war...well, he'd have a very large conflict of interest.

Does that work?

GreenKarl

First Post
Yes... how is this...

The Alchemist Republic of Texas - this nation gained its independence from the Spanish Empire 40 years ago when radical free-thinkers convinced the large Warmech army stationed there to join the cause. They offered the Mechs freedom and citizenship within the newly created nation. The citizens are ex-pact British, France and Spanish scholars, scientists and artificers along with a large number of native peoples. The army is still made up predominately of Warmechs and they are a major exporter of alchemist formula and stream powered technology.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
I like it! Though, it does make me want to be a Warmech again, instead of an Atlan. Hmm. I'm going to have to think about that. Still leaning Atlan, though. I like the near human quality they have, and they give me a leg up on my psychic abilities. The Light Battle Suit can be what the few non Warmechs use when they're part of the army, to make them on the same level as the Warmechs.

I'll think about it and post my final character soon.

GreenKarl

First Post
I think we are only waiting for [MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION] character and then others to post their sheets over in the Rogue's Gallery. I have everything for the first adventure set now and am even thinking a few levels in advance :)

pathfinderq1

First Post
Okay, so concepts are down to two. I will probably write up 'Hob' Henderson and have him in the background, just in case.

I'm going to post both concepts shortly, in more in depth form. I think they both work out okay, but again, new system so...

In other news- what a band of misfit foreigners we are so far. I'm thinking that the Order has several 'teams' of operatives, and we have been lumped together, under the only sponsor who would have us- but we are too valuable to put aside, despite our, shall we say, eccentricities. Both of my concepts are, at least tangentially 'locals', so we won't be wholly adrift in the Big City- but the potential for 'misunderstandings will still be there.

Onwards!

Remove ads