Raging Cleric

Amazing Triangle

First Post
I have a concept of a Dwarven Barbarian 1/Cleric 1, but I don't know where to go from here nor do I know what feats to take.

I looked at Augment Healing, Extra Rage, Extend Rage, Power Attack, Leap Attack, Divine Spell Power, Extend Spell, Persistent Spell

Stats: 14 Str, 14 Dex, 16 Con, 10 Int, 15 Wis, 10 Cha

I like the idea of a Raging Cleric who charges into battle all buffed out.

I can use Core and Complete Books and Races of Books.

Can anyone help?

DarkJester

First Post
Extra Rage will be helpful of course since you'll probably just want to go with cleric the rest of the way to maximize your casting potential. Extend Spell is a good choice and persistent is a powerful choice late in the game. As a Dwarf you are hurting on feats though. I'd probably take extra rage at first level to keep rolling on strong. Extend spell seems unnecessary, you'll have a good constitution to keep the rage going. Perhaps power attack at third, followed by leap attack at 6 and extend spell at 9?

Without a decent charisma Divine Spell Power could be risky, as it can actually bring your caster level down.

Whom would he be a cleric of?

Amazing Triangle

First Post
I was thinking Kord, Moradin, or another Diety that would allow me War, Strength, Protection, Healing, Time, or Celerity. (The home brew allows for a Domain every 5 levels starting with 1 at level 1)

DarkJester

First Post
Well, that is certainly nice. I'm fond of Celerity and Travel myself. 50foot base move rate charging barbarian anyone?

War and strength of course seem appropriate for the concept.

Legildur

First Post
Kord makes a good choice of deity. I'm playing a half-orc Bbr1/Ftr2/Clr3 with the Strength and Luck domains... Don't overlook the Luck domain. Low level domain spells are nothing to write home about, but the granted power is a life saver!

Remove ads