Kickstarter Ramen Sandwich Press: Book of Hidden Paths for Pathfinder coming soon to Kickstarter!

doogx

Explorer
The Book of Chance Meetings brought new and deeper insights in to how to incorporate random encounters into your 5E campaign. Soon, Ramen Sandwich Press will do the same for Pathfinder! We’ve been working hard on The Book of Hidden Paths for the last six months, and it’s almost ready for Kickstarter. It will include OGL creatures from all three Pathfinder bestiaries currently in print, from ahuizotls lurking by a riverbank to zombies roaming the plains. We anticipate offering at least one stretch goal, printing the book in hardcover at no extra cost if we can get 220 print copies pledged and ordered.

Keep an eye on this thread for a launch announcement, or follow Douglas Sun on Kickstarter to get notified. We anticipate going live in mid-late October. Check out our website for more about Ramen Sandwich Press and our OGL adventures and rules supplements for 5E and Pathfinder!

doogx

Explorer
Edit: Never mind, the answer is implicit in your reference to three bestiaries.
Thanks for your interest! It won't be every creature in the Bestiaries, but we'll draw on all three to fill out Book of Hidden Paths. Some creatures (especially many of the creatures in B3) are best suited for future books that we have planned, on random encounters in villages, towns and cities.

doogx

Explorer
Still working on Book of Hidden Paths, but we're making good progress. I finished the first draft last week and I'm just taking a break from making revisions and amendments to post this. It has been great fun working with the full, mind-blowing range of creatures from the Bestiaries and I have tried to make good use of them. And not all of the creatures you'll meet by chance are out to rip you to shreds — like leshys. There will even be leshys in Book of Hidden Paths, and I have to admit that working with sunflower leshys put me in mind of these guys:
IMG_1797.JPG

Anyway, check back tomorrow to preview the Kickstarter campaign. We plan to launch early next week!

doogx

Explorer
We're launching today at or about 3 PM Pacific Time! Click on the link above, which will take you to the live campaign page once we launch.

doogx

Explorer
We’re off to a solid start, but there’s still plenty of room on board for more backers! We’re bringing the same formula from Book of Chance Meetings, which was a great success on Kickstarter, to Pathfinder. Over the weekend, one of our backers from that campaign told me that Book of Chance Meetings was the book he’d been looking for for 40 years, since he first started running D&D for his friends. Don’t miss out on the chance to bring to Pathfinder the same deep dive into bringing your campaign world alive!

doogx

Explorer
Just posted a work-in-progress report to Kickstarter on Book of Hidden Paths. Basically, I step back and wonder just what I got myself into with this book. This is going to be a large (we're projecting 300-350 pages once it's laid out) and very substantial book not just on random encounters, but a deep dive that adds at least one layer to the Pathfinder 2 Bestiaries by discussing what some of the most iconic, as well as the most obscure, creatures can be doing in your campaign world. GMs in particular, but really anyone who wants get beneath the surface of the Bestiaries, will want this book. Don't miss your chance to pre-order through Kickstarter and get a 20% discount off the cover price!

doogx

Explorer
Another status update on Book of Hidden Paths, about the book itself as well as the Kickstarter. Basically, I've been making a second pass through the manuscript, and the word count just keeps growing. Chapter 3 (Forests) topped out at just over 28,000 words (probably just over 40 pages when laid out), and I thought that would be far and away the longest of the 10 core chapters. But Chapter 5 (Hills) comes in at just under 26,000. That's a lot of random encounter tables and a lot of deep dives into a lot of creatures for the money!

The campaign is poised to fund; we're very close but progress stagnated this past week. We need a bit of a push in the last week to fund, and the stronger the push the closer we'll get to the stretch goal. We still have over 100 people sitting on the fence, and the sooner they come down and join the party the more likely it is that we'll make it!

Remove ads