• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Random Encounter Generator UPDATED June 12th

ki11erDM

Explorer
This is nice. But what I REALLY want is a random treasure generator. Or more to the point I want something to generate full “Treasure Parcels”.

Anyone want to work on that for me? : )

Asmor

First Post
EDIT: Actually, I take that back. After thinking about it a bit, I don't think a random treasure generator is such a hot idea. The only thing to really generate is the magic items, which should be tailored to your group IMHO.

Last edited:

Asmor

First Post
Here's a worksheet you can use for keeping track of treasure. Includes space for keeping track of what's been given out and making plans for when to give stuff out.

Attachments

• Treasure Worksheet.xls
    86 KB · Views: 85

mrrodgers

First Post
AAAAAHHHH! is anyone else getting a mysql timeout?

MySQL timeout is gone.

Level one encounter:
1 Hobogoblin Warcaster (level 3 controller (leader))
1 Shadow Wolf (level 3 lurker)
6 Zombie Rotter (level 3 minion)

So the hobogoblin is riding around on the wolf and leading a squad of undead. Cool.

Last edited:

Asmor

First Post
I was having problems with it earlier, too. Seems like there may have been an issue with my web and/or mysql server.

Everything seems to be working right now, though.

Asmor

First Post
I tried to post the code in here, but the preview wasn't showing up at all, so I just attached it.

I did a quick scan to make sure my passwords aren't in there, but in the likely event that I did leave something stupid in there please don't exploit it... thanks. :)

Zip file contains the PHP as well as a backup of the table.

Attachments

• encounter generator.zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 40

Remove ads