Random Tables for Dungeon Dressing - Bits

I'm something of a sucker for this kind of thing, random tables of small items etc. to embelish an empty room, an orc's possessions or maybe to bait a trap. I thought perhaps it would be interesting to try and create a communial one here; the idea being that each person would grab the next number and add an item or two, nothing too valuable just odd or interesting in some fashion, thus creating the table as we went along? Well here goes anyway...

01 A miniature malachite figurine 2" tall that dances by moonlight (at the GM's option it may always dance in the same general direction, towards.... something). Or a piece of scrimshaw depicting a coat of arms from a noble family that no longer exists....

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
02 - A tiny worn river stone that, upon closer inspection, is actually an old earth goddess statuette. A barely discernible symbol is on her belly; everyone who tries to decipher the rune sees a different symbol.

03 - A bronze statuette of a turnip.

04 - A small stained linen pouch containing three black seed pods, sinister and twisted in shape; the unhealthy looking grey seeds within are non-viable and inedible…

Gilladian

Adventurer
05. Near a pool, lake, river or stream is found a pile of clothing, neatly folded and stacked. Shirt, pants, undergarments, and socks/shoes are all present. Nothing is valuable, and it is all old enough that the fabric tears or crumbles when picked up.

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
06. An old rope of about 20ft in length is tied to a random tree at the edge of a clearing. The other end, hidden in high grass, is found to be tied to a broken leather collar, decorated with rusty iron studs.

mwnrnc

First Post
07. Small pewter figurines on a shelf with a lit candle for each figurine. Figures include a child, a woman, an older man, and a warrior.

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
08. A bundle (approx. 18 inches in length) of wooden blocks and dowels, light canvas and cord. When unwrapped, it is seen to be a simple toy sailboat that is easy to assemble and take apart.

Gilladian

Adventurer
09) A leather pouch is wedged under or behind some other item in a pile of debris. It looks as if it were deliberately concealed there. The pouch holds a handful of tobacco and a broken pipe.

10 - An old tin whistle – it doesn’t make a noise, perhaps the pitch is too high for the human ear, or perhaps there’s a small parchment note rolled up and hidden inside?

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
11. There is an old broom in the corner. Its handle is somewhat splintered and cobwebby, and a family of mice seems to have made a home among the worn bristles.

12. A shiny brass buckle-- perhaps from a boot of a belt-- lies on the ground here. It appears to be quite new, or at least recently polished.

Remove ads