RapidPod & GenCon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRIMJIM

First Post
TheLe said:
For Gencon, as in this year? What happened?

`Le

My business associate ordered a large number of sets of Hentacle and supplements which were to be sold at US Gencon this year, some of which were to be shipped to me for UK Gencon.

When my associate finally got in touch with them Ken had moved on and they weren't honouring the order - but kept the setup fee.

I've recommended he claim via the court for the lost money and perhaps for the lost revenue.

I was luckily able to get a last minute supplier for Gencon UK.

TheLe

First Post
jaerdaph said:
TheLe and GRIMJIM: I apologize - it sounds like you have legitimate concerns and beefs.

It's all good man -- I am not upset; I just didn't understand the religion comment. As long as this stays an open discussion, I welcome ALL comments!

You did have some interesting points though.

I'm just trying to get information from people with first hand knowledge. A lot of people have had awful dealings with Ken in the past and they are all legitimate. However, I am not that interested in past dealings (those kinds of things are well documented already!). I just want to focus on Gen Con 2007.

`Le

Last edited:

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
TheLe said:
No need to apologize. I am not upset. I just didn't understand the religion comment. As long as this stays an open discussion, I welcome ALL comments!

You did have some interesting points though.

I'm just trying to get information from people with first hand knowledge. A lot of people have had awful dealings with Ken in the past and they are all legitimate. However, I am not that interested in past dealings (those kinds of things are well documented already!). I just want to focus on Gen Con 2007.

`Le

Thanks, TheLe. :) Perhaps my Google-Fu was just not strong enough. All I was finding about Ken/RapidPod was praise for the work they did and some guy named Ken Whitman who writes a lot of scientology books. I don't think they're the same person though...

And I freely admit the publishing aspect doesn't really concern me. I was just concerned that somebody wasn't getting a fair shake, but it looks like there is enough evidence out there for publishers to be concerned, especially smaller publishers.

I'll shut my big mouth now. :)

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
I haven't used RapidPod since March of this year. At that time, from when I uploaded files to the FTP site to holding my books in hand was less than one week.

I do not know anything about the new owners.

DaWizard

First Post
Hey Guys,

The OTHER Ken Whitman you speak of is NOT ME!!!

I was raised Southern Baptist - which to some, may not be that much better:)

Notice a quote from , lets call him, Sci-Ken...

"Hello, my name is Ken Whitman, and here is a little bit about myself:
I am a graphic designer. I create printed materials, packaging, advertising, displays and web sites. I am also a photographer, musician, painter and scuba diver.

I was working in a recording studio in the late 60’s. A producer came in and brought a Dianetics, Evolution of a Science by L. Ron Hubbard. I read the book and that was it! At last someone had figured out how to improve the human condition. I got my job and became a Scientologist."

I am 40 years old, in the late 60's I was 5 years old. I'm good, but still, I never worked in a recording Studio at the age of 5.

ALSO here is a list of other Ken Whitmans that are NOT ME...

1. My Father Is Kenneth E. Whitman, I am Kenneth E. Whitman Jr.
2. Kennth Randolf Whitman, located in Lake Geneva WI, who has been arrest for Flashing kids.
3. This Sci-Ken guy who also a graphic designer.
4. There is a Ken Whitman who is a computer game designer, NOT ME.
5. There is a Ken Whitman who is a police sergeant in Texas.
6. There is a Ken Whitman who is a Mortgage | Loan Officer, again NOT ME.
7. I am not the Ken Whitman from Brooklyn, New York who owns a laundry mat.

I am the Ken Whitman who ran GN CON in 94-95 for TSR, Inc. I am the Ken Whitman who created Groo: The Game, along with over 100 RPG titles. I am the Ken Whitman that did Traveler 4th edition and Games Unplugged Magazine. I live in Brandenburg KY with my wife and two kids and I am 4o years old.

Hope this helps out.

The Original Gamer and best of all the Ken Whitman (IMHO)

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Ken, I deeply apologize to you for that.

I had hoped people would get the gist of the point I was trying to make though when I said it, but apparently not.

Anyhow, I'm sorry for any confusion.

DaWizard

First Post
jaerdaph said:
Ken, I deeply apologize to you for that.

I had hoped people would get the gist of the point I was trying to make though when I said it, but apparently not.

Anyhow, I'm sorry for any confusion.

Dont worry about it, I am use to taking abuse on-line:)

-Ken

TheLe

First Post
philreed said:
I haven't used RapidPod since March of this year. At that time, from when I uploaded files to the FTP site to holding my books in hand was less than one week.

I do not know anything about the new owners.

That's great.

I wish I would have gotten a the samples that were promised to me via email and in person when I met him. I am assuming I wasn't big enough in the publishing industry to get to matter.

Regardless, I'd still be interested to hear from publishers who used RapidPod for Gencon last week.

On that note, if publishers didn't use Rapid Pod, then I wonder who they did use this year for Gencon? Like Cathix, I have also had a lot of luck with LuLu (even though I was not at Gencon), and Avalon Printing has been great with their communications with me.

`Le

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads