Rappan Athuk anyone? FCtF possible inclusion

reapersaurus

First Post
I have a question about FCtF:

The superhero power of Gain Feat (2 base rank cost).
Can you take a Reduction of power for it?

It kinda seems wrong somehow, but I don't see any rule that would stop it...?

Creamsteak

Explorer
perivas said:
This sounds like great fun. Any more room for a standard race, 7th level cleric? If so, I'll have a character up by Monday. Thanks.
I'll drop out to accomodate perivas. I wanted to play, but since I don't have my books or 4ctf I am just going to become an active reader till I buy it.

novyet

First Post
reapersaurus said:
I have a question about FCtF:

The superhero power of Gain Feat (2 base rank cost).
Can you take a Reduction of power for it?

It kinda seems wrong somehow, but I don't see any rule that would stop it...?
Check this thread where I asked the same question out.

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?threadid=22214

Any questions on FCtF ask over in the Natural 20 forum, Morrus and Rangerwickett answer them personally. :)

reapersaurus

First Post
thanks for the link - yes, many questions asked and answered there.
So it's by the rules to use Restrictions, even for the acquisition of feats thru the Gain Feat power.... but does it seem reasonable to reduce the cost of Improved Shield Charge and Shield Bash by simply putting the External Gadget requirement on them?

It seems pretty obvious to me that to Shield Bash you'd need a shield, so why should that restriction gain you anything?

novyet

First Post
reapersaurus said:
So it's by the rules to use Restrictions, even for the acquisition of feats thru the Gain Feat power.... but does it seem reasonable to reduce the cost of Improved Shield Charge and Shield Bash by simply putting the External Gadget requirement on them?

It seems pretty obvious to me that to Shield Bash you'd need a shield, so why should that restriction gain you anything?
Well in all honesty, it shouldn't but....by the rules you can. Maybe you should ask them on that one.

Creamsteak

Explorer
I use excel and an outdated art program. I use the outdated art program, because it can cut from excel and paste into the .gif file flawlessly, without any distortion.

If you need advice, follow reaper's. Excel works wonders for this kind of mapping, and is relatively easy to master.

GoldenEagle

First Post
Drow +2 ECL???

I don't know. I didn't see it in the 3 books I have, but it said CR+1 in the DMG. If CR +1, I will use them, otherwise it might be better to have a couple of levels of Hero based on what I've seen so far.

Where is the ECL level? if it is +2, for those of you with FCtF, what would 1 hero level give?

:D

buzzard

First Post
reapersaurus said:

Then is shouldn't. And it won't.
Easy enough.

Also when asked about restricted items I did forget the armor of speed. I'll have to calculate the real cost of it since a +3 modifier is too low. In any case, since you are capped at 15K in gold, and to even take stock armor of speed it would have to have a total bonus of +4 (+1 armor and speed) which would cost 16000 gp I recommend that you redo your math. Ahh I see, you crafted it. Alas, craft arms and armor has a prerequisite of 5 spell caster levels, so no go. You will have to redo your equipment section. Just because you can buy a feat with a superpower does not eliminate the prerequisites.

Another point on enchanted shields is that their bonus is defensive, not offensive. Thus a +1 shield will be a non magic weapon for attack purposes. (otherwise you would be getting quite a bargain). By my interpretation you will have to pay for offensive and defensive plusses separately.

buzzard

Remove ads