• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rappan Athuk anyone? FCtF possible inclusion

buzzard

First Post
GoldenEagle said:
Buzzard

I only have the core books. Is there another feat listed somewhere like daylight adaptation from FRCS or would you allow blind fighting to work in a similar way or do you want to try goggle of the day or do you want to ... :D

Well I been thinking about this. Here are a few options:
1)Goggles of Day, these are essentially magical sunglasses made for subterranian races which respond to ambient light levels preventing the blinding effects. They have a price of 4000 gp (figured half the cost of goggles of night wasn't too unfair)
2) During times when you expect to encounter bright daylight you wear a blindfold, and take blindfighting to compensate. Then you will not have the penalties other than those which the feat compensates for.
3) Put up with the penalties. They don't look very severe anyway, and considering this adventure is pretty much purely underground, I don't think you'll be at much of a disadvantage.

Also wanted to know if far shot increases the range of point blank to 45' as well (for damage, criticals, favored enemy, etc).

GE

No it does not.
I believe Relics and Rituals II has an items which does that though.

Eyes of Accuracy: Grants +2 circumstance bonus on ranged attacks. Doubles point blank range for point blank shot, sneak attacks and weapons specialization. Allows coupe de grace against helpless opponents out to 15'. Market Price 9000 gp.

buzzard

GoldenEagle

First Post
Buzzard

Thanks. I got the eyes of accuracy by sacraficing a ring of sustenance and some magical armor. I'll put up with the penalties until I can afford the goggles of night.

If there are any other glaring items/feats from the books you have that would help I would love the info. I know I can't be the Hulk:D, but ...

I love the Super Characters...in particular the story about arcane magic orc Flambe':p

Looking forward to Monday.

GE

garyh

First Post
GoldenEagle said:
If there are any other glaring items/feats from the books you have that would help I would love the info. I know I can't be the Hulk:D, but ...

I love the Super Characters...in particular the story about arcane magic orc Flambe':p

I'm glad you like my backstory. I put more into it than most of my other PbP game histories, but then again, I bought 4CtF and learned it in a day just to play that concept, so writing up a spiffy backstory is only fitting.

As for feats/etc., if you took a level of Hero, you could get uncanny dodge or evasion. You could even take invisibilty with 2 Hero levels. There's also telepathic charm.

I've owned it for one day, and I'm already pimpin' 4CtF. :D It's good stuff!!

Last edited:

reapersaurus

Explorer
garyh said:
I know what you mean.
I got it also, and am working up Melvos with 3 levels of Hero.
It's a lot of fun, but it seems insanely powerful! It should lead to rocking, epic battles. :D

garyh

First Post
Once you go Hero, you never go back. ;)

Hey, Reaper - ya up for some Sacramento supers action? I've currently got no group. :( Part of why I'm becoming a PbP addict...

Oh, and Melvos was crazy good before. Toss in Heightened Charisma and whatever else you're getting, and that's gonna be... well, crazier good!! :D

Last edited:

reapersaurus

Explorer
Our group would probably not play FCtF, for a few reasons.
I'm the only one (currently) that has it, we're busy playing another homebrew system currently, and if we did play Supers, we'd probably play the new Champions 5th edition. (the DM knows that pretty well)

But seriously, if we have an opening, I'll keep you in mind - I've liked your play I've seen.

garyh

First Post
Understandable points on supers. Mostly, I'm lookin' for a game - any game...

I've been up here two months, and I'd found two games. One was an existing game I was going to join, but that's been postponed indefinetly due to personal issues for the DM. The other was new and got canceled after 2 sessions (and my girlfriend - who I recruited into trying DnD for the first time! - had put a lot of effort into her PC's history) because the DM wanted to play in a game at the same time ours was scheduled for.

Oi! So much angst!! ;)

Thanks a bunch for the compliment, though!! I appreciate it. If an opportunity arrises, it'd be cool.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
garyh said:

Damn it. Based on everything I've seen, how can I not get this. It certainly boosts fighters plenty, and Dalamar seems pretty bad-ass.

I'm curious what it would do for Wiz or Clr. What would make a Wiz5/Hero2 as cool or cooler than a Wiz7, for example?

Derek

garyh

First Post
GruTheWanderer said:

Damn it. Based on everything I've seen, how can I not get this. It certainly boosts fighters plenty, and Dalamar seems pretty bad-ass.

I'm curious what it would do for Wiz or Clr. What would make a Wiz5/Hero2 as cool or cooler than a Wiz7, for example?

Derek

Offhand, you could have invisibilty at will, or an unlimited use energy attack (think Cyclops), or give your wiz Fast Healing so he can go from 0 to full HP in two minutes. And, of course, there's teh obvious Int boost.

EDIT: Looking at the energy attack, you could do a 3d6 energy attack as a standard action that shoots in a line (Ref save for half damage) with a range of 400ft + 40ft/level for 10 Hero Points. And still have 6 Hero Points to spend. Cooler, eh?

EDIT again: You could also teleport as a standard action up to 25+5ft/lvl within sight for 8 HrP, and either upgrade it to a move-equivalent action (can we say "teleport, then fireball in one round"?) or increase the rance to 100+10ft/lvl for 2 more HrP. (You can only have Character Lvl +3 points in a single power.)

Last edited:

reapersaurus

Explorer
man, these super-powers are cool. *drooling*
I can't find one thing, though - huge Knockback to go with that Impact Resistance power.
I could just picture 2 Hero's going at it, and being human-sized ping-pong balls like The Hulk vs The Thing fight.

It seems the ability to wield Gargantuan weapons is a bit silly.
And it very cheap to grow in size, and have your gear grow with you.

I was considering having Melvos dual-wielding 2 Gargantuan Bashing Shields for 4d6 damage each, but the role-playing requirement of carting 2 big shields is too much of a stretch.
And it would take too long to grow to that big of size quickly in a combat. :(

Does anyone else think the linking of multiple activated powers to be prohibitively expensive?

Remove ads