• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rappan Athuk anyone? FCtF possible inclusion

novyet

First Post
Hey, I just saw Bruk! Cooooooooooool! I also went the strength route, but I'm way more affected by anti magic. My character will be posted here within the hour.

novyet

First Post
Jordeh, Thrall of Fezzerin

Jordeh Firestoker of Alathea, Thrall of Fezzerin the Gold
Male Dwarf Ranger 1 / Hero 6
Weight: 314 Lbs
Height: 4' 3"
Hair: Black
Eyes: Gold
Alignment Lawful Good
Current XP: 21000
XP for Next Level: 28000

Attributes
Str 20 (+5)
Dex 14 (+2)
Con 25 (+7)
Int 10
Wis 10
Cha 10

Combat Info
HD 1d8+6d4+53
HP 79
Speed: 35'
AC: 26 (+2 Dexterity, +3 Super Agility, +4 Insight, +2 Shield, +5 Chainmail)
Flat Footed AC: 21 (+4 Insight, +2 Shield, +5 Chainmail)
Touch AC: 19 (+2 Dexterity, +3 Super Agility, +4 Insight)
BAB: +4
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +5

Attacks:
Gauntlet, +14 melee, 1d3+10, 20, x2, Size T, Type B
Fezzerin's Talon, Masterwork Huge Bastard Sword, +15 melee, 2d8+10, 19-20, x2, Size H, Type S
Huge Halberd, +14 melee, 2d8+10, 20, x3, Size H, Type P or S
Bastard Sword, +14 melee, 1d10+10, 19-20, x2, Size M, Type S
Daggers, +14 melee, +9 ranged, 1d4+10, 19-20, x2, Size T, Type P

Skills
Climb +9 (4 Ranks +5 Strength)
Heal +4 (4 Ranks)
Jump +9 (4 Ranks +5 Strength)
Search +4 (4 Ranks)
Spot +4 (4 Ranks)
Wilderness Lore +4 (4 Ranks)

Languages
Common
Dwarven

Feats
1st Level: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword)
Bonus Ranger Feat: Track
Bonus Ranger Feat: Blind Fight
3rd Level: Power Attack
6th Level: Cleave

Abilities
Favored Enemy: Dragons
Due to his extensive training and study of his master's foes, Jordeh gains a +1 bonus to Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Wilderness Lore checks when using these skills against dragons. Jordeh also gains +1 damage bonus against dragons. With ranged weapons this bonus extends out to 30' only.

Ranger Spell List

Darkvision: Dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and dwarves can function just fine with no light at all.

Stonecunning: Stonecunning grants dwarves a +2 racial bonus on checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn't stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a check as if he were actively searching, and a dwarf can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A dwarf can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up. Dwarves have a sixth sense about stonework, an innate ability that they get plenty of opportunity to practice and hone in their underground homes.

+2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.

+2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects.

+1 racial bonus to attack rolls against orcs and goblinoids.

+4 dodge bonus against giants.

+2 racial bonus on Appraise checks that are related to stone or metal items.

+2 racial bonus on Craft checks that are related to stone or metal.

Super Powers

Faster Recovery (1 HrP): Mystical. Persistent. Jordeh recovers twice as fast as normal. He regains 2 hp per level per day. Base rank 2. Magical (-1 HrP Reduction).

Heightened Accuracy (9 HrP): Mystical. Persistent. Melee attacks only. Jordeh gains a +5 to all melee attack rolls. Base rank 1. Increased Effect x4 (8 ranks). Magical (-1 HrP Reduction). Melee Only (-1 HrP Reduction).

Heightened Constitution (5 HrP): Mystical. Persistent. Jordeh gains a +4 to Constitution. Base rank 3. Increased Effect x1 (3 ranks). Magical (-1 HrP Reduction).

Heightened Defenses (7 HrP): Mystical. Persistent. Jordeh gains a +4 Insight Bonus to AC. Base rank 2. Increased Effect x3 (6 ranks). Magical (-1 HrP Reduction).

Heightened Strength (5 HrP): Mystical. Persistent. Jordeh gains a +4 to Strength. Base rank 3. Increased Effect x1 (3 ranks). Magical (-1 HrP Reduction).

Heightened Will (2 HrP): Mystical. Persistent. Jordeh gains a +3 to Will saves. Base rank 1. Increased Effect x2 (2 ranks). Magical (-1 HrP Reduction).

Mighty Lifting (2 HrP): Mystical. Persistent. Jordeh gains a +10 effective bonus to Strength for determining his lifting and carrying capacity. For the purposes of carrying and using objects such as weapons, Jordeh's effective size category is increased by 2. Base rank 2. Increased Effect (1 rank). Magical (-1 HrP Reduction).

Self Subsistence (1 HrP): Mystical. Persistent. Jordeh can survive without air. Base Rank 2. Magical (-1 HrP Reduction)

Sizeshift (2 HrP): Mystical. Persistent. Jordeh can shift between medium, large, or huge size. Changing size takes a standard action and increases one size level. Jordeh Base rank 2. Magical (-1 HrP Reduction).

Super Agility (5 HrP): Mystical. Persistent. Jordeh gains +3 on Initiative, Reflex Saves, Dexterity Checks, and Dexterity based skills. Base Rank 2. Increased Effect x2 (4 Ranks). Magical (-1 HrP Reduction).

Super Speed (1 HrP): Mystical. Persistent. Jordeh speed is increased by 20'. Base Rank 1. Increased Effect x1 (1 Rank). Magical (-1 HrP Reduction).

Super Strength (9 HrP): Mystical. Persistent. Jordeh gains a +5 bonus to melee weapon and hurled weapon damage rolls, Strength checks, and Strength-based skills. Additionally, Jordeh gains an effective +10 bonus for the purposes of determining how much he can lift and carry. Base rank 2. Increased Effect x4 (8 ranks). Magical (-1 HrP Reduction).

Super Strike (4 HrP): Mystical. Persistent. Jordeh can negate damage reduction up to X/+3. Base Rank 1. Increased Effect x2 (4 Ranks). Magical (-1 HrP Reduction)

Super Tough (2 Hrp): Mystical. Persistent. Jordeh gains +4 Hit Points.

Equipment
Huge Masterwork Bastard Sword "Fezzerin's Talon"
Masterwork Large Wooden Shield
Masterwork Chainmail
Huge Halberd
Bastard Sword
6 Daggers
Gauntlets
Explorer's Outfit
Backpack
Bedroll
Beltpouch
1 Cure Light Wounds Potion

Money
89 gp
9 sp

Carrying Capacities
Light: 2128 Lbs
Medium: 4256 Lbs
Heavy: 6,400 Lbs
Current Load: Light

Background
Jordeh is the third son of the ruling house of Alathea, and like every third son before him, he has been turned over to Fezzerin the Gold, the protector of the dwarves. Long ago, a pact was reached between dwarf and dragon, the dragon protects the dwarves from their ancestral enemies, and the dragon receives tribute in the form of thralls and treasures. So it has been for generations. Now Jordeh is the current thrall of Fezzerin, and he has found it quite different than he expected. Instead of being enslaved or eaten or any number of horrible things that were expected of the experience, Jordeh was instead trained in the ways of war and mystically bonded with Fezzerin to act as his eyes, ears, and claws upon the world. Jordeh's mission, like all before him is simple. Gather treasures and magic for Fezzerin, and eliminate any other non metallic dragons that are encountered. Fezzerin spent extra time making sure Jordeh knows the ins and outs of fighting other dragons. But should he turn on him, his fate will be quite grim indeed. As he left to act as his master's talon upon the world, Fezzerin gave him a final ominous warning.... "Beware those places where magic can not reach my servant, for I will be unable to assist or empower you, and you will have only your training to fall back to." Taking the warning to heart, Jordeh set off on his mission.

Personal Description
Jordeh is a massively built dwarf, with a full black beard, who bears a long scar down the length of his right side from a training accident with Fezzerin. Part of his mystical powers includes changing to giant size to better fight his master's foes. When he does so he can be up to 15' tall. Due to his bond with Fezzerin, Jordeh's eyes a brilliant gold like his master's scales.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
I'm glad everyone enjoys Bruk. Looking at him, I'm not sure I'll ever want to play anything but Heroes again!! :D

novyet, Jordeh is great. I considered going "magical" so I could afford more powers, but 1) I just couldn't open myself up so much to dispel magic and 2) my powers are more of a mix of arcane energy and the genetic traits of the creature I "recieved" them from, and trolls don't get less strong or have less reach after a dispel magic. It works great for Jordeh, though, since his powers come from his "Wyrm-chosen" status.

Along those lines, I may eventually develope a breath weapon or flight. :)

Last edited:

buzzard

First Post
Skills
Heal +4 (4 Ranks)
Search +4 (4 Ranks)
Spot +4 (4 Ranks)
Skills
Heal +4 (4 Ranks)
Search +4 (4 Ranks)
Spot +4 (4 Ranks)

Novyet how did you get this many skill points? I thought Hero class didn't give any.

buzzard

Last edited:

Jeph

Explorer
Wow these Heroes are looking sweet. Wish I had 4ctf, then I could make Zig's Dex even HIGHER!

With him, I plan to get the Fell Shot feat, and then just concentrate on getting more Power Points. You wouldn't believe how kicking a character can be when they are firing off four touch-attack arrows per round.

I'll probably need to get Far Shot, or I wont be able to get an attack in before the Heroes shred them into little tiny pieces! :cool:

This campaign is shaping up to look pretty sweet, can't wait to start playing!

PS: will a Rouge's Gallery thread be up soon? I just noticed that my char needed yet another piece of editing, forgot to give him max HP at lv. 1. I'd like a place to see the characters all in their finished form, where it's easier to observe them and check out their synergies.

buzzard

First Post
so what is the consensus? Do we want a Rogue's gallery thread or not. I'm not of any particular view on this myself. I suppose someone out there might find this characters interesting so we might as well.

Also did we agree on the name yet? The suggestion we have currently is the Party of Seven Strangers (who can't count).

buzzard

garyh

First Post
I'm happy with "A Party of Seven Strangers" and it seems like the other 82 of us are, too, so let's use that. ;)

I'll go post a Rogue's Gallery thread momentarily.

EDIT: Here is the Rogues Gallery thread.

Last edited:

novyet

First Post
buzzard said:

Novyet how did you get this many skill points? I thought Hero class didn't give any.

buzzard
My 1st Level was Monte's Ranger not fighter. I'll edit that asap. 6 skill points x 4 for first level. I was typing at work and was confused with a separate character. My bad. :)

GoldenEagle

First Post
Buzzard

I only have the core books. Is there another feat listed somewhere like daylight adaptation from FRCS or would you allow blind fighting to work in a similar way or do you want to try goggle of the day or do you want to ... :D

Also wanted to know if far shot increases the range of point blank to 45' as well (for damage, criticals, favored enemy, etc).

This is gonna be a fun one.

GE

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads