• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rat bastard DM or just the norm? Share your stories.

LostSoul

Adventurer
frankthedm said:
A Rat Bastard DM would have rolled your fort save in secret so you don't know for sure if you are infected or not until the diseases incubates and damages your stats. Either that or had you roll that first fort save after the incubation period was over [using the fort save bonus you had when you got bit].

I think a Rat Bastard DM would do something so that the player has to choose between getting his disease cured or saving an NPC from certain death (from disease). And then playing up the consequences, either way the player goes.

EvilGM

Explorer
Its easy to get people to agree with you when you don't tell them the whole story and sprinkle lies in for good measure.

I'm glad you decided not to play. That should speed up the sessions for the other players.

For those of you saying "bad DM!" you should really experience a game firsthand before jumping to conclusions based on half-truths and gorilla dust.

That said, I hope everyone can find a game to their liking.

tenkar

Old School Blogger
EvilGM said:
Regarding the sage's death - now that was hilarious! Everyone else was dead or invisible or had run really far off, and there is the sage standing within 30' or so. Ouch!

Regarding your warrior's death - that was pretty hilarious too! Level 1 warrior charges a hill giant. That can't end well.

I formed my opinions based on the above statements and having EvilGM as your avatar. I've always felt that when the GM takes joy in PC/Cohort deaths it's a game I can do without.

Unless of course your statements were half-truths ;)

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Gearjammer said:
And hope the DM doesn't teleport them to the Tomb of Horrors in the meantime... :p
Well, I did have him and the party I DM go through the Tomb of Horrors. He died twice. Maybe this is his revenge. :confused:

Although I made them walk to the tomb ;)

DM-Rocco

Explorer
EvilGM said:
Its easy to get people to agree with you when you don't tell them the whole story and sprinkle lies in for good measure.

I'm glad you decided not to play. That should speed up the sessions for the other players.

For those of you saying "bad DM!" you should really experience a game firsthand before jumping to conclusions based on half-truths and gorilla dust.

That said, I hope everyone can find a game to their liking.
Hey, no problem Evil. I just don't like your DMing style.

A shame really, cause I really liked my PC.

As to half truths, I don't think I told any. Everything I said happened and as far as I can remember, the way I said it. However, go ahead and make any corrections you wish.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads