• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rate Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God (DVD Release Status: In Flux)

So how was it? Be honest!

• 1. Wretched. That was worse than the first one!

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • 2. Very Bad. Oh man, the pain! (Burn the DVDs.)

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • 3. Bad. I think I'm going to be ill.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • 4. Not good. About what I had expected.

Votes: 25 11.4%
  • 5. Average. Hey, that didn't suck, too much.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • 6. Okay. Hey, that didn't suck.

Votes: 53 24.1%
  • 7. Good. I'm surprised it wass that good.

Votes: 46 20.9%
  • 8. Very Good. I'll definitely watch that again.

Votes: 25 11.4%
  • 9. Excellent. Oh man, the joy! (I want the DVD.)

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • 10. Supreme. That should have been on the big screen!

Votes: 2 0.9%

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Doesn't "1. Wretched. That was worse than the first one!" imply that the first one was at least a 2?

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Ya!! What a plot this is, a plot trying to plot against another plot....Woes plot me... :lol:

Shard O'Glase said:
I summon my plot device to defeat you, well I summon my plot device to defeat your plot device who will win!!! Um it was terrible.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
I gave it an 8. It was a pretty good movie, IMO. Nice to see some of the game mechanics in action. The lich could've used better makeup or a redesign. I'm not sure what a lich would look like but I doubt that was it.... The characters were ok. Nothing spectacular but made a good, well-rounded party. At least until we don't have the cleric anymore... and now we're totally screwed! Damodar was a bit better in this one. The guys in the group thought the barbarian, Lux, was hot. But there wasn't anyone for us ladies to fawn over... Barek was eh. And the preist would've been better without that racing tattoo he had. "I take out my mighty hammer and fell this tree in the name of Obad-Hai!!" :lol: (not what I'd call a quote but paraphrasing what happened....)

I liked the cute little D&D commercials. They were funny! :lol:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Darth K'Trava said:
But there wasn't anyone for us ladies to fawn over... Barek was eh. And the preist would've been better without that racing tattoo he had. "I take out my mighty hammer and fell this tree in the name of Obad-Hai!!"

No love for the Rogue, huh?

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Truth Seeker said:
You can tell, when they keep calling him by the profession name, and not his own.

I was just pointing up the fact that chicks talk a good game about what's important in a mate. But then along comes a guy like Nim who has good career prospects and a nice sense of humor and he's not even mentioned because he doesn't look like prince charming.

Hell, he's probably even a good dancer.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Rel said:
I was just pointing up the fact that chicks talk a good game about what's important in a mate. But then along comes a guy like Nim who has good career prospects and a nice sense of humor and he's not even mentioned because he doesn't look like prince charming.

Hell, he's probably even a good dancer.

And judging by two of his former associates (in his first scene), he knows just when to act the wallflower, as well. ;)

jasper

Rotten DM
The Thayan Menace said:
This movie was so thoroughly horrid, it was actually enjoyable. I had a ton of fun dogging it.

For a more detailed breakdown of my gripes, check out this link:

I gave a 9. Armour was not bad or over done fantasy armour. Costumes look like they were actual clothing most of time. and the cleric was KILLED!

in reply of menace post.
What really bugged me about this movie was its blatant use of so-called "D&Disms" that were horribly inaccurate; for example:

1. The hero's wife mentions that no one in the kingdom is skilled with divine magic, ..no she mention no mages were skilled in divine. So no dual class mage,clerics.

2. .., but they also retreat from an onslaught of darkmantles.. it fitted the scene they need to get to other side and they time was running.

3. Jubliex ...? He has no item creation feats, nor does he have arms to build with.... You reaching here. Just because he made does not mean he actually laid mortar to brick.

4. Damodar [an undead Fighter who has been around for over 100 years] absolutely sucks in combat.... Good point but did you want to wait another 10 minutes of commericals to see the combat.

5. Black dracoliches do not breathe fire. Was a draco lich or dragon god? Gods can do what they want.

Odhanan

Adventurer
From a general public standpoint, it wasn't outstanding but explains what D&D is about, IMO.

From a geek standpoint, I found it surprisingly cool. I loved to see the game itself on screen. It wasn't just a story using some D&D icons. It was actually a movie showing D&D. With the characters' complementarity, the spells, the magic items, etc.

Remove ads