• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rate Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God (DVD Release Status: In Flux)

So how was it? Be honest!

• 1. Wretched. That was worse than the first one!

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • 2. Very Bad. Oh man, the pain! (Burn the DVDs.)

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • 3. Bad. I think I'm going to be ill.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • 4. Not good. About what I had expected.

Votes: 25 11.4%
  • 5. Average. Hey, that didn't suck, too much.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • 6. Okay. Hey, that didn't suck.

Votes: 53 24.1%
  • 7. Good. I'm surprised it wass that good.

Votes: 46 20.9%
  • 8. Very Good. I'll definitely watch that again.

Votes: 25 11.4%
  • 9. Excellent. Oh man, the joy! (I want the DVD.)

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • 10. Supreme. That should have been on the big screen!

Votes: 2 0.9%

Kelek72

First Post
I thought Damodar should have done more than ..say...NOTHING?
He stole the orb, sat on his butt waiting for the right phase of the moon, and got beat in every encounter he had with the heroes. The Lich walked up to his throne and became his most effective weapon otherwise he wouldn't have had any success at all in the entire movie!

I thought the movie was pretty good though!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Just thought I'd post this link for those that liked "Wrath of the Dragon God".

Dungeons & Dragons Movies Yahoo Group
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/DungeonsAndDragons-the-Movie/

The group now has a new look and has over 200 members. We're always looking for new blood to stir the pot and discuss either "D&D: The Movie" or "Wrath of the Dragon God". I've posted a few new polls and I'll continue to make the group the place to be for the latest news and rumors related to the Dungeons & Dragons movie series.

Our only rule is that starting flame wars is a definite "no no". However, I expect the group to become "heated: as fans of the first movie clash with fans of the second movie. :p

Feel free to join.

Cheers!

KF72

Droogie

Explorer
Mark CMG said:
That might be so if your conception of the "ideal medium" includes the same characters being used from tale to tale, and having the adventures progressively leveled. I prefer seeing new groups each time with out-of-sequence adventures. I'm happy with a high-level adventure one year followed by a low-level adventure with totally different characters a couple years later, followed by yet another group in a medium-level adventure. I'm not interested in seeing Herc an Iolaus , or Xena and Gabby, wandering from town to town, finding love and adventure around each bend. Not that that was bad but it's been done. I prefer the longer form stories with a larger variety of characters.

That might be your personal preference in gaming or literature, but I don't think it would work for a TV series. Most people tune in to a show to see how things are panning out with characters they know and enjoy. Not to say that there was never a successful anthology series, but most TV shows follow the old tried-and-true formula because it works.

Altalazar

First Post
Good in theory. Bad in execution. I gave it a four. I wanted to give it a three, but I give them a star up for being so true to the game mechanics and making them an interesting part of the story.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Just under one week before it's shown again on SciFi Channel. (Sun., Nov 6th, 9/8c.) Then two days later it comes out on DVD!

Cheers!

KF72

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
KenM said:
I heard that the DVD has like another 15 minutes or so that Sci Fi cut. Can anyone confirm?

Some say the SciFi Channel version was cut, some say it wasn't, that there were just a lot of commercials. The only way we'll know is when the DVD comes out and those that saw it on SciFi Channel can compare the two.

I guess it's wait and see.

KF72

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads