Rate Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God (DVD Release Status: In Flux)

So how was it? Be honest!

• 1. Wretched. That was worse than the first one!

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • 2. Very Bad. Oh man, the pain! (Burn the DVDs.)

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • 3. Bad. I think I'm going to be ill.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • 4. Not good. About what I had expected.

Votes: 25 11.4%
  • 5. Average. Hey, that didn't suck, too much.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • 6. Okay. Hey, that didn't suck.

Votes: 53 24.1%
  • 7. Good. I'm surprised it wass that good.

Votes: 46 20.9%
  • 8. Very Good. I'll definitely watch that again.

Votes: 25 11.4%
  • 9. Excellent. Oh man, the joy! (I want the DVD.)

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • 10. Supreme. That should have been on the big screen!

Votes: 2 0.9%

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
Knightfall1972 said:
After that, you can pick up the DVD, which comes out on November 8th.
Coming out on my birthday... Is that a good sign or a bad one? ;)

It definitely wasn't as bad as the first one. The unidentified ring that turned out to be a ring of the ram made me grin. How does it feel to be flattened by the Dodge logo? Is it like being hit by a Ram truck?

KenM

Banned
Banned
Accully one of the deleted scenes in the first DnD movie had the dwarf fighting like a dwarf, acting like a dwarf. It was one of the only bits that had one of the other characters doing something then the main PC. I can't understand why it was cut.

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
I gave it a 7. With the history of the first film behind it, I didn't go in expecting much, but was happily surprised. It was as advertised a D&D movie that felt like D&D. I enjoyed it.

There were some bits that seemed off, like the trap in the shaman's hut, but I'm hoping that the DVD will expand on things, like more about the dungeon. Anyhow, it was orders of magnitude better than the first, which was good.

LeaderDesslok

First Post
I gave it an 8. As a D&D geek it had a lot of details that only gamers would recognize, right down to spell components. Early on the blonde wizard chick is going to cast a Vision spell and asks for incense and ivory. During the commercials I loked it up and sure enough, those are the spell components. Huge leaps forward over the previous film.

BTW, there were halflings in the film. They were played by midgets and were just extras you saw wandering about in the fields and city streets.

Worst thing about the movie: it's a 90 minute film Sci-Fi turned into 2.5 hours! I actually timed it at one point; there were 9 minutes of movie followed by 7 minutes of commercials, followed by 10 minutes of movie and another 7 minutes of commercials. Despicable.

Michael Morris

First Post
LeaderDesslok said:
Worst thing about the movie: it's a 90 minute film Sci-Fi turned into 2.5 hours! I actually timed it at one point; there were 9 minutes of movie followed by 7 minutes of commercials, followed by 10 minutes of movie and another 7 minutes of commercials. Despicable.

That's par for the course these days.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
LeaderDesslok said:

Yeah, I was recording it and my VCR timed out several times while I attempted to edit out the commercials.

Very sad.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
This level of quality (or a little better) was what I had expected/hoped to see from the first movie, so I'm not disappointed. I'd also hoped that we'd be seeing a regular release schedule of D&D movies, maybe once every couple of years. It doesn't concern me whether they are released through theatres or not, just as long as they do what they can to make enough revenue to support continuing the franchise. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Remove ads