• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rate S1: The Tomb of Horrors (corrected poll options)

Rate S1: The Tomb of Horrors

• Poll closed .

Eternalknight

First Post
Re-posted with proper poll options.

With all the talk of best and worst adventures going on, I thought it would be fun to rate some of the classics.

So, out of 10, rate S1: Tomb of Horrors.

I'm giving it a 8 out of 10. We played through it during an all night session, with me as DM. I loved running it, and I would have given it 10 out of 10 except that it frustrated the hell out of my players, some of which are quite good problem solvers.

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
8/9 out of ten
I loved it when I first went through it, and when I just found it the other day in a used book store.

By today's standards, you lack a lot of the background 'flavor' text.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
I am the 0. Terrible adventure, an excuse to kill characters and that is about it. In other words - I really and truly did not like it, as a DM I refused to run it, as a player I would refuse to play in it.

The Auld Grump

Crothian

First Post
While it is a very challenging adventure, if the players are smart and poay attentionand are careful; the module can be gotten through with little death

robomage

First Post
Gave it a 0. It is nothing but a death trap in which you will die unless you follow the exact path that the author and DM decided are correct. This module could be summed up as a % roll:
01-50 You die an extremely horrible death
51-75 You die a horrible death
76-98 You die
99 You survive
00 You successfully complete the module

PrinceZane

First Post
I voted <null>...

I've never played or DMd it, so I don't know what its like. I found a copy of the mod except for the maps/illustrations. I can't find them anywhere. Since I have everything else I'd rather not have to rebuy it, but that seems to be the only option.

I'd be happy to run through it if possible tho, seems rather interesting.

Sunderstone

First Post
a 10, but mostly Nostalgia. A great module to run through back in the day. Theres a reason it's highly acclaimed. Presentation-wise, it wasnt that bad, it had decent handouts.
As we get older though, we learn to demand more from our adventures/modules. More backstory, less railroading, open endedness, room for expansion, etc.
But back when we were kids? S1 was definately fun. At least for every player Ive ever played with.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads