• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rate Shrek 2

How was Shrek 2?

• One star

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Two stars

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Three stars

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Four stars

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Five stars

Votes: 33 35.9%

Sarigar

First Post
I'm going to have to watch the Far, far away scene in slow-motion when it comes out on DVD just to catch all of the little changes they made to some of the business names as they rode into town. The "cops" scene was great!

kingpaul

First Post
Just saw it last night with my wife and 4-yr-old daughter. Shrek is one of my daughter's favorite movies, and she, and her parents, enjoyed this movie quite a bit...I gave it 4 stars; have to agree with other folks, not quite as good as the first.

I loved Puss in Boots, thought Antonio did a great job as his voice.

Did anyone else think that Charming looked a bit like Brendan Frasier?

I agree with what some of the others have said. The first third or so of the movie didn't strike me that positively... especially the Shrek and Fiona stuff in the beginning. The humor seemed too forced as if they were trying too hard.

Once everything was set up though, and they let that rollercoaster go down the track, I found it to be a fun movie! I was surprised that I liked Puss in Boots even though advanced reviews praised him, I didn't think I'd like him as much. :)

I gave it 4 stars. Liked the first one better, though if the movie was trimmed a bit, I might like this one even better.

Regarding Shark's Tale... When I first heard of it (I think they were calling it Sharkslayer back then), I thought that it wouldn't look good for PDI to have another effort similar to a PIXAR movie (the first being Antz, which beat it out to the public before Bug's Life, but still...)... It looks fairly trite, but we will see. I will probably see it since I am a fan of animation... but the character designs really are uninspired and kinda ugly.

theburningman

First Post
4 stars.

One of the few sequels that is just as good as the original.

I thought I was going to cough up a furball when Puss did. That was the funniest thing I've seen in a movie in a long time.

LordVyreth

First Post
Some funny moments, though I liked the first one better. And would it be too nit-picky to point out a fairly large goof?

Namely, since Far, Far Away was at least 700 miles from the swamp, how did Pinochio and company get to Shrek, rescue him, go all the way back to the area near the swamp (assuming Drury Lane is in the general vicinity,) and then go all the way back again with a forty-foot tall gingerbread man in one day?

kingpaul

First Post
LordVyreth said:
Some funny moments, though I liked the first one better. And would it be too nit-picky to point out a fairly large goof?

Namely, since Far, Far Away was at least 700 miles from the swamp, how did Pinochio and company get to Shrek, rescue him, go all the way back to the area near the swamp (assuming Drury Lane is in the general vicinity,) and then go all the way back again with a forty-foot tall gingerbread man in one day?
Yeah, I noticed that myself. I suspended disbelief for that moment.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Just saw it, definitely liked it. I would give the original a 9, so this got an 8... I liked it a lot, but it wasn't quite as good as the first one. Watching it, I realized that you could watch them back to back as almost a single movie.

Puss coughing up a hairball
made me laugh embarassingly loud. :p

One thing though, there's a scene in the credits that
says what happens to Donkey and Dragon
that I missed, and I'm not paying more to go see it again... not with today's prices. Would anyone be kind enough to give a quick synopsis?

kingpaul

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
One thing though, there's a scene in the credits that
says what happens to Donkey and Dragon
that I missed
There is?!? I missed a bit of the credits for a quick nature break, but stuck through the rest wanting to see if there was going to be a song sequence afterwards...there wasn't...but I did miss that tidbit as well.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
What hidden pop-culture references have people noticed? Some are obvious like
the Pinochio - Mission Impossible
sequence.

One I missed until it was pointed out to me was
the Spiderman un-masking scene while Shrek dangles upside down
. And since I am certain that I have missed others I wondered what other people have noticed.

The Auld Grump, who still thinks the spoler tags are nifty...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads