Rate the Star Wars Movies

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Poe didn't make much of an impact because they basically killed him off in the first act and then brought him back in the third with only the most minor of handwaves.

He was originally dead in the TIE fighter crash. They brought him back as a late script change during filming.

MarkB

Legend
He was originally dead in the TIE fighter crash. They brought him back as a late script change during filming.

I figured as much. That movie really feels like they had a completely different second half in mind when they filmed the first half.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I must've missed that long standing joke! Good one...

You're telling me you never heard anything along the lines of, "How many Bothans died, tho?" in reference to espeionage, sabotage, etc, when discussing Star Wars media (and sometimes when discussing non SW media) from games to EU books? Really? That's pretty weird to me, since I've been hearing/seeing those jokes in pretty much every venue, online or off, I've ever discussed Star Wars or general nerd stuff, my entire life.

Seems a lot of people agree that Attack of the Clones is the worst. So much so that they keep calling it The Clone Wars instead!

I would correct it in my post, but frankly I don't give a damn. That movie does not deserve any more attention from me.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You're telling me you never heard anything along the lines of, "How many Bothans died, tho?" in reference to espeionage, sabotage, etc, when discussing Star Wars media (and sometimes when discussing non SW media) from games to EU books? Really? That's pretty weird to me, since I've been hearing/seeing those jokes in pretty much every venue, online or off, I've ever discussed Star Wars or general nerd stuff, my entire life.

I don’t really see any SW stuff except the movies. Sounds like a *great* joke though!

Dude, what’s with the passive aggressiveness? Calm down, man! I haven’t heard your joke before. :)

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I don’t really see any SW stuff except the movies. Sounds like a *great* joke though!

Dude, what’s with the passive aggressiveness? Calm down, man! I haven’t heard your joke before. :)

I'm not being passive aggressive, so idk what you're talking about?

Poe didn't make much of an impact because they basically killed him off in the first act and then brought him back in the third with only the most minor of handwaves. The character is solid, he was just poorly handled.
Well, he was literally supposed to die until they wanted a familiar face in the X-wings and found the actor charming.

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
And in Empire you knew Luke was special because of who he was, there was an explanation for it that made sense in universe (and he still got his butt handed to him by Vader). Snokes a chump, Rey is Mary Sue, Kylo throws tantrums. And we should care because? The Droids are also stealing the show (BB-8 and the Rogue One/Solo ones).

The Droids are a bit hit or miss for me. K-2SO was great, BB-8 was just a merchandising product and the Solo one was hilariously bad.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases