• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Rate your interest in 4e.

D&D 4e expectation score

Votes: 24 4.2%

Votes: 19 3.4%

Votes: 35 6.2%

Votes: 39 6.9%

Votes: 19 3.4%

Votes: 16 2.8%

Votes: 30 5.3%

Votes: 90 15.9%

Votes: 122 21.6%

Votes: 171 30.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Aloïsius said:
So far, more than 70% rate it above 7. I think it means 4e will be a success, because, well, 7 means that you are probably curious enough to buy it.... Less than 20% rate it below 5. I don't know if this will be enough for pathfinder to find its niche, however.

I see this as the opposite. 70% at 7 or above is about 20% less than 4E needs to be considered successful. For Hasbro the issue is not making a profit, but making a large enough profit. Unless 4E can pick up lots of new gamers, 70% of the existing 3E market is not a large enough market for Hasbro to consider it a success. 20% of the existing 3E market however would be a huge success for Pathfinder.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Sooo, has the multiclassing article changed any opinions?

What I've seen of the multiclassing leaves me saying "meh" as well- aspects of it- mainly its narrow limitations- remind me of 1Ed.

Not that this is bad. 1Ed multiclassing worked somewhat within its context. In the light of the flexibility of 3.X, the new plan seems a bit of a step back in design, but that may still be quite elegant within the framework of 4Ed.

Sooo- opinion unchanged.

Sphyre

First Post
I voted an 8, but considering I just killed a fly in my house simply because it was bothering me, I would do so again so that I could have 4e now.

You never specified what you had to kill to get 4e :D

Honestly though, I'm excited for it, I look forward to it, but I have patience. While there are people who are on the edge of their seats saying "OMG OMG OMG 4egasm!" I'm quietly, patiently excited. It'll come. Being hyperactive won't change when it comes.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Since the question is how interested I am, yeah, I voted 9.

There's been some weird interpretation of the question and how to properly answer it. It's not excessive to answer 9. Out of 100 upcoming items, 10 are bound to be of higher interest to you than the 90 others. Considering were we are, it's hardly surprising how many people answered 9. We're very eager to puchase the book as soon as it comes out, that's all. Will it be a great game once we read it cover to cover? Realistically, I expect 8/10 given what I've seen. But that's another question altogether.

Jasperak

Adventurer
I was at 4, but with the new dipping rules, I'm down to 3.5. All these changes may make for a good game, but not D&D IMHO. I am still interested in how they are fixing the basic math to extend the sweet spot of gaming. Although only for ideas on my homebrew rules.

Imp

First Post
frankthedm said:
Yeah down to 4. Basically now it's down to seeing what class concepts they deem worthy of filling out in later splatbooks and do they look like something worth playing and while I'll probably get into the new edition sometime it's going to be when it's matured a bit I think.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I was 9 already, the multiclassing article has put me still at 9. It is exactly what I would like from multiclassing and fixes the issues I had with 3e multiclassing.

Shroomy

Adventurer
frankthedm said:

Nope, my opinion was already very high (I may have selected 9, but I can't remember anymore since I did it really quickly yesterday) and I like the multi-classing system the more I think about it.

Remove ads