D&D 5E [RAVENLOFT] [5e] Death House OOC

If I buy Mike Schley's maps I will ask him if we can use them for this game. I had good luck with getting permission from Jared Blando to use his for OotA. Not sure what Mr. Schley would say.

I vote full-on community with journal entries as time permits about your journey to healthy living. And anything wonky you might want to include. You're probably far more interesting than you think!

EDIT: Is this the pack you're talking about, [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION]? http://mikeschley.zenfolio.com/p678546160/h603e2569#h603e2569

EDIT#2: I've sent Mike an inquiry. We'll see what he says. The pack's (only) $30.

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
If I buy Mike Schley's maps I will ask him if we can use them for this game. I had good luck with getting permission from Jared Blando to use his for OotA. Not sure what Mr. Schley would say.

I vote full-on community with journal entries as time permits about your journey to healthy living. And anything wonky you might want to include. You're probably far more interesting than you think!

EDIT: Is this the pack you're talking about, [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION]? http://mikeschley.zenfolio.com/p678546160/h603e2569#h603e2569

EDIT#2: I've sent Mike an inquiry. We'll see what he says. The pack's (only) $30.

That's the one. I certainly don't mind re-creating the maps, but if you want to buy them I'd be stupid to turn you down. :)

As for being interesting.. I'm doubtful. But we'll see. :)

-IG

Mike wrote back and said so long as it's a gift to you for use for this PbP, it's not a problem. Essentially, I'd merely be the purchaser and you the holder of the files. I wouldn't, for example, keep a copy for my own use. I'll think about it. I have a couple large expenses coming up at the end of the month. If there's room in my budget, I'll do it.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Ok -- Mr. Aldershot now has a background and personality. It's still not particularly exciting, but I think I like him now, and we'll see how it works in play.

A few things:

Mr Aldershot does sound cool, but shouldn't a cleric have a different title to a gentleman? Like reverend Aldershot, or Venerable Aldershot
I've thought about this seriously, and would like to stay with "mr" -- it's apparently acceptable for unordained Jesuits and for surgeons in South Africa. Both of which resonate with me for Aldershot. His first name might be Ambrose, but I might be misremembering -- I don't think he's told me that formally.

A question for all: Do we want another community for this game, like CB has set up for OotA, or just the typical OOC, RG, and IC threads? ...
Up to you guys. Be democratic. Vote.

While the map stuff is awesome, I'll admit that I don't need the full community. I have no objections to it, but because the community doesn't send alerts, I sometimes miss things when they happen. Fundamentally, though, I think what's needed is Whatever Helps the DM Keep the Game Going. Anything that serves that end has my 100% support.

Sorry I've been a bit silent of late -- busy few weeks, but I at least see the tunnel, if not quite the light at the end of it yet.

Can't wait for this to start!

industrygothica

Adventurer
Majority rules: The Curse of Strahd Community has been created. You should have all received an invite. Please let me know if you haven't.

On a side note, I finally had to add the word "Strahd" to my Chrome dictionary. Turns out I've type it a lot lately, and I'm irritated at the incessant red squiggly underline.

industrygothica

Adventurer
No invite yet, but perhaps by the morning. :D

Interesting... says it's sent to everyone. Keep me updated.

Kobold Stew is a phenomenal role-player :D You'll be lucky to have him!

(for dinner?)

Fun Fact: KS was in the very first game I ever ran here about a million eons ago. While he didn't stick around for the next chapter for whatever reason, that game ended up going on for about 5 years before I finally called it quits.

Fun Fact #2: KS was also in the very last game I ran here, just a few short months ago. We won't discuss the quick fate of that one...

-IG

Remove ads