Ravenloft, the Flying Dutchman of Board Games

Felon

First Post
Apparently delayed again. Amazon currently has it dated for September 10th. Let's see if this ship ever finds a port.

Wycen

Explorer
I got to see, feel, and smell a copy of the game Tuesday evening. It wasn't punched out yet, but hopefully next Tuesday the owner will be ready to bring it to play.

rmcdouga

First Post
Are you sure it hasn't been Sept 10th all along? Someone in one of the boardgamegeek forums indicated that Wizards ships to FLGSs first and delays the shipment to mass market stores a bit.

This makes sense both from a strategy point of view (i.e. supporting the FLGS that promote the hobby) and from a logistics point of view (i.e. there are only so many boxes on the first boat, so someone has to be first).

Copies of Ravenloft are in FLGSs now. People who want to pay the extra 10-20 bucks to have it first can go pick it up. Personally, I can wait a couple of weeks to save a few bucks.

Felon

First Post
Are you sure it hasn't been Sept 10th all along? Someone in one of the boardgamegeek forums indicated that Wizards ships to FLGSs first and delays the shipment to mass market stores a bit.

This makes sense both from a strategy point of view (i.e. supporting the FLGS that promote the hobby) and from a logistics point of view (i.e. there are only so many boxes on the first boat, so someone has to be first).

Copies of Ravenloft are in FLGSs now. People who want to pay the extra 10-20 bucks to have it first can go pick it up. Personally, I can wait a couple of weeks to save a few bucks.
This is the fourth date slip, IIRC. I think the original release date was in July, and it's been slipping since. I pre-ordered as soon as I heard about, with one-day shipping no less (gotta love that Amazon Prime!).

Somehow I don't see Amazon entering into an agreement with WotC to ship ten days later than other retailers, as that's putting themselves at a competitive disadvantage. At any rate, I intend to wait Amazon, and I'll email them inquiring about this rather annoying discrepency.

darjr

I crit!
Here is another review at bgg with an included component breakdown 'unboxing' video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNwZz_RmPGk"]YouTube- Castle Ravenloft Components Breakdown in HD[/ame]

Kildran

First Post
I got it Tuesday opening day. Already played through all 2-5 player campaigns with two friends of mine. The game is very fun and well worth it. The only problem we ran into is the difficulty. It's too easy IMO, the ranger is way to overpowered (The only class that has an at-will power that does straight 2 damage, and an ability that never misses), and the enemies don't pose a large threat. We eventually eliminated all healing surges, so once you die it's game over, and we still beat the hunt for strahd part 1 and 2.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases