• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RE: Reveille

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Opal

First Post
Wow, when I saw that the thread had jumped by 3+ pages since I last checked in I feared the worst. I'm very happy to see you are back among us. Give Mandy a hug from us, she's been through a lot with all of our pestering.

catsclaw227

First Post
They want to keep me here for observation for the next 2 1/2 days. After that I'll be released.

And for those of you wondering, the hospital has it set up that certain rooms have a combo tv/computer with a wireless keyboard with an integrated mousepad on it.

I'm still taking it easy. They have me doing some physical therapy so that when I'm ready to be released I'll be able to walk with my own two feet w/o much difficulty.
Good news. Good news.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OK... so please NO ONE get all mad at me or all defensive.... I once had a very, very good friend in a coma for 3 months, and it was extremely sad and difficult time for everyone.....

But.... I wanted to share that I had a twisted little cynical thought in my head when I saw the post about Rev mumbling Forgotten Realms gods in his coma.

I actually started to think that this was some kind of lead up to an April Fools joke. With Rev slowing talking about gaming stuff in his coma and channelling some gaming ghost. :) Then on April 1, he'd arise and come back with an awesome new campaign setting or something he was secretly working on while under cover.

You do realize how badly the community would turn on Rev if he did that. Hoaxes are one thing, but marketing hoaxes that tug on an entire community's heart strings (due to the hoax's timely nature) tend to raise one's ire quickly, especially when the person who pulled it has been an outstanding and trustworthy individual prior to the hoax. Also, I don't think Rev. would be the type to even think of pulling of something that distasteful and devious.

However, the idea does spark an interesting thought experiment.

Last edited:

catsclaw227

First Post
You do realize how badly the community would turn on Rev if he did that*. After all hoaxes are one thing but marketing Hoaxes that tug on an entire community's heart strings tend to raise ire quickly, especially when they are out of character for the person the hoax is centered on.

* It would however be interesting to see how CM would treat the situation if it were a hoax.
Oh, believe me, I know. When I found out, it hit me in a very personal way. But my mind played weird games with it when I read that Rev was coming out of it by chanting FR material :D

Interesting comment about CM, though. I once saw Ministry play at a Lolapalooza and right after they finished, everyone was stunned with silence at the massive sensory overload. I couldn't tell if it was the most horrid, depraved show I had seen or if it was pure chaotic genius. Mostly it was both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads