Ready-to-Play Random Character Generator for Colonial Gothic (2nd edition)

Emirikol

Adventurer
I'm prepping BOSTON BESIEGED campaign, so any feedback on that adventure is welcome. Also, I created a random character creator
to assist my players in getting going. I plan to print out a few of each type and hand them to the players. That way we can get right to the
action. I also believe this will be useful in CONVENTION play.

READY - TO - PLAY Random Character Generator for Colonial Gothic (2nd edition)

Feedback welcome! (LINK LATER POST BELOW)

Some little things that I did:
* The naming system: I used names from lists on the Mayflower and first colonies (English). For the indian tribes, I used ones from an actual list of Algonquin tribal names)

* Errata: There were only a couple of errata items fixed from the book: 1) initiative using reason not "wits", 2) immigrants get +1 action point (not 1e faith), 3) I balanced out the skills for the frontier colonist (1 trade, 2 from the others listed), 4) CRAFT gets mentioned multiple times. I simply made it either trade or profession (I didn't include heal from 1e).

* Natives get knife or tomahawk (rather than hatchet for others) and moccasins instead of boots or shoes

IN 2.0, I will probably add some additional random equipment (subtracted from starting money) and additional classic names. I may also tailor some foreign names for french, spanish, and those freaky-deaky-dutch :)

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE test this out and make sure there aren't any glaring omissions or errors in calculations.

Last edited:

Try this link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...Gothic 2e Random Character Generator 1.9.xlsx

colonial%20gothic%20RAND%20charsheet%20sample.jpg

Still not working for me for some reason. Perhaps it is my computer (I am on a mac if that makes a difference).

Emirikol

Adventurer
That would be great if you put any of this stuff up on the website.

Regarding the random character generator, I'm releasing v2.0 on Wednesday.

I'm going to modify it slightly and have added some other things like:

* Shock threshold (I used Vitality as "Body" is listed)

* Movement walk/run

* Details on weapons equipped and other integrations: +1 defense for war club, damage, etc.

* Changed Skill column "Ranks" to TN with complete calculation so you don't have to go back and reference the ability a 2nd time.

* Set "Trained" skills that aren't trained to zero TN.

* Making background skills get priority on the "trained" skills list.

* "Press F9 to create a new random character" added.

* ..and a few other juicy things :)

Thanks for making such a great game!

Jay H

Last edited:

Emirikol

Adventurer
Ok, here is the version 2.0. I renamed it Colonial Gothic (2e) Ready To Play Character Generator, as it is designed to whip up a character instantly so you and your gamers can get right to the action.

Feedback is welcome!
jh

Last edited:

Remove ads