Ready-to-Play Random Character Generator for Colonial Gothic (2nd edition)

Emirikol

Adventurer
Version 2.1. A couple small additions and corrections:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/167876/COLONIAL%20GOTHIC/Colonial%20Gothic%202e%20Random%20Character%20Generator%202.1.xlsx

cg%20char%202.1.jpg

Last edited:

Emirikol

Adventurer
Added colorful hooks. I created them from a list of the bestiary, colonial pamphlet references, and famous people. I'll probably add some more later.

One of the hooks will have a person/place/thing related to something like that.

I just "re-saved version 2.1. So you can re-download if you want.

I also added some Yes/No dropdown boxes if you want:
* All characters armed (even if their background doesn't start with a weapon)..e.g. Urban colonist starts with a pistol and a knife or hatchet by default.
* Expanded native tribes list to the Gazetteer
* Colorful Hooks

Any other suggestions?

Emirikol

Adventurer
ADDED to character generator: specific or random character background drop-down. Re-saved to version 2.1.

Now you can randomly create a bunch of a particular background (e.g. frontier colonist) to hand to your players: "Here's 5, pick one".

Related note, I'm prepping BOSTON BESIEGED. Anybody got any play experience on this one or the prequel in the Gazetteer?

Colonial_Gothic_Gazetteer_-_Graeme_Davis.225x225-75.jpg

Enjoy

jh

Last edited:

Emirikol

Adventurer
God Save the King! The Player's Companion is out and so I have added more elements to the character generator. The 3.0 version adds:
BACKGROUND TEMPLATES
OPTION TO EXCLUDE BRITISH RESULTS IN TEMPLATES (if you only want patriots)

I plan to add:
All the new Weapons
Disadvantages/advantages
Social starting stuff (family, class, starting money, etc.)
The new skills
A "quick reference sheet" for players
Add the 'primary ability score' preference per template
Add preferred skills per template

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/167876/COLONIAL%20GOTHIC/Colonial%20Gothic%202e%20Random%20Character%20Generator%203.0.xlsx

Enjoy!

Jay H

[edit: add:

Just a heads-up, Drivethrurpg has the following items that are probably good for tabletop use:(PLUS MOST ARE ON SALE)

* Wooden Buildings (fat dragon games)--- these are ideal, as you can put the "wooden siding" look common to colonial america
* Savage Worlds Gothic Figure flats
* Native americans 1,2
* Gothic Heroes: American Revolution Statix 1

What I'd like to see is some French & Indian war frontiersmen. I may end up making some from some screenshots of miniatures of the same name.

jh

DSC00002-3.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads