D&D General Real Life Isle of Dread?

GuyBoy

Hero
You live in a beautiful place!
I’ve got the Isle of Dogs in London and the Isle of Sheppey in Kent to compete; just like the Isle of Dread.....if it was in a damp, grey climate on a post-industrial, dystopian plague-riddled country.

Dillon

Explorer
A Tuatara on the "Isle of Dread"* in Wellington harbour earlier this month.

IMG_20211202_130013052_HDR.jpg

* Soames Island, a former quarantine station. Now a predator free scientific reserve.

Zardnaar

Legend
I’ve got the Isle of Dogs in London and the Isle of Sheppey in Kent to compete; just like the Isle of Dread.....if it was in a damp, grey climate on a post-industrial, dystopian plague-riddled country.

My city was settled by the Scots. They sailed halfway around the world to find the one place as cold and wet as home;).

Zardnaar

Legend
IMG_20211228_110651.jpg

The trick. That's the motorway on the right into my city.

Most of the photos taken in the valley there below it.

IMG_20211228_110655.jpg

Hill to the left. It's a bit green.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
A Tuatara on the "Isle of Dread"* in Wellington harbour earlier this month.

View attachment 149107

* Soames Island, a former quarantine station. Now a predator free scientific reserve.
Are Giant Tuatara included in X1? I remember them being a monster in B/X, and a dungeon I ran over the last year or so had Troglodytes use them as guards and riding mounts. :)

CharlesWallace

enworld.com is a reminder of my hubris
For a second I thought you lived in the Pacific Northwest with me. (I kid, I love it here. But definitely feels more dystopian by the day.)

Remove ads