• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reality TV: "D&D Monster Make-Over" ... Nominate a contestant!

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Land Outcast said:
#1: Er... people would find it stupid "Fanged Fungus"... That would make them laugh, we need fear!

#2: Lesee... scary stuff... uh... maggots?... ghosts?... Yes, ghosts! And make it invisible, so that people don't laugh about it's teeth!

#1: Ghosts are undead, but it's not undead... the concept doesn't work.
But maybe... Yes! we've got it: Phantom Fungus!

Exactly. :)

I get the feeling someone just enjoyed saying "Phantom Fungus! Phantom Fungus! Phantom Fungus!" ... and thus a silly monster was born.

-- N

James Heard

Explorer
Yuan-ti. I like the concept, but they should be deflated enough that I can throw them at PCs from when they first wet the bed til...well, I guess when they're old and wetting the bed. A lot of Yuan-ti stuff just seems like it would just be better suited to adding class levels to accomplish the same thing.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
James Heard said:
Yuan-ti. I like the concept, but they should be deflated enough that I can throw them at PCs from when they first wet the bed til...well, I guess when they're old and wetting the bed. A lot of Yuan-ti stuff just seems like it would just be better suited to adding class levels to accomplish the same thing.

[pimp]
You might enjoy this:

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=92578
[/pimp]

-- N

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Campbell said:
I'd like to see a reimagining of the Mind Flayer that has a little more staying power for its CR.
Eberron, my friend. In Eberron, because of their ties to Xoriat, the realm of madness, mind flayers are difficult to damage with conventional weaponry. They have DR 5/byshek, and byshek is a rare and expensive material (closer to adamantine than cold iron or silver).

Give them difficult to penetrate DR and they'll have quite a bit more staying power. Alternatively, you could use the XPH version, but they're significantly under-CRed, not over-.

Demiurge out.

Drowbane

First Post
Psion said:
So been done, but:

Vampire.

I mean the template as it is is workable. I don't even hate level drain. I hate that the vampire has level drain. For specters and the like, it's great. But I need the vampire to remain fearsome.

I hear ya brother!

A few things I do for my homebrew Vamps...
Blood drain: damages Con, meaning it will recover naturally... it is just (massive) bloodloss afterall.
Energy drain: gone
Vulnerability: 1.5 dmg from fire
Celerity: 3.0 Haste :] (yeah, its evil)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads