• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Really?? Is RPGA really the best place to test 4e

brehobit

Explorer
D'karr said:
So what you're saying is that because of your bias against SOME players from the RPGA, you think that the RPGA is not a good vehicle for playtesting.

Okay. Noted.
I'll leave this sub-topic of the thread after this as it is getting a bit too flame-y...

Using less judgmental language like "your perception of" rather than "your bias against" is generally helpful when having a friendly discussion. You main point is made just as well IMO (some players != all players) with the more neutral language.

Badkarmaboy

First Post
DonTadow said:
Some people don't feel it's naturally dungeons and dragons....RPGA's aren't modules. They are scored games....It's what you play when you can't get in a real group and want a fix. It's the crack of dungeons and dragons....The RPGA isn't Dungeons and dragons, its a light version in order to get a bunch of people to pretend they are in the same world. A mumbomagumbo of tabletop and mmorpg.

The following was taken from your first post. Blanket assertions. Untrue blanket assertions. That's why I got upset.

Jin_Kataki

First Post
Badkarmaboy said:
The following was taken from your first post. Blanket assertions. Untrue blanket assertions. That's why I got upset.

I am sorry but that quote was no more blanket than the quote either you or someone else took of mine saying IT was a blanket judgment. Last time I checked the use of the word some pretty much meant just that "some" not all.

Also in regards to what you said to me a few posts back. I understand wanting to defend something you believe in when you feel someone is making an unfair judgment on you. MY observation about this thread and many others however is that I more often than not see the people who are the defensive get far more insulting in how they word their arguments than the person they seem to be defending themself against. And despite this I see the OP's get warned by Mods.

Hussar

Legend
Jin_Kataki - my advice would be to take your concerns to either the Meta forum or to email the Mod's directly. Surprisingly enough, they'll take the time to answer your questions, unlike many other forums I've been to.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
Jin_Kataki said:
I am sorry but that quote was no more blanket than the quote either you or someone else took of mine saying IT was a blanket judgment. Last time I checked the use of the word some pretty much meant just that "some" not all.

Also in regards to what you said to me a few posts back. I understand wanting to defend something you believe in when you feel someone is making an unfair judgment on you. MY observation about this thread and many others however is that I more often than not see the people who are the defensive get far more insulting in how they word their arguments than the person they seem to be defending themself against. And despite this I see the OP's get warned by Mods.

Except it really is a blanket assertion, one applied to the RPGA (which is the crux of the sharp criticism of DonTadow's attitude). Note that he says some feel <this particular way> about the RPGA. That's very much a blanket statement about how those people feel about the RPGA and, based on the OP's other statements, it's a blanket statement he largely agrees with and one that raises a lot of people's ire. I might even go so far as to say that it's trolling, especially considering the opposition it has generated in this thread.

smerwin29

Reluctant Time Traveler
Jin_Kataki said:
I would just like to point out something odd I have noticed on this thread. Several times now on this thread I have noticed the OP get "warned" that he has stepped over some line.

If you look at the original moderator's warning, you see that it mentions that RPGA-bashing was happening in other threads, and the moderator didn't want it to happen here. So I think that answers your question, especially if the people taking part in the thread were contributing to the direction of those other threads as well.

D'karr

Adventurer
brehobit said:
I'll leave this sub-topic of the thread after this as it is getting a bit too flame-y...

Using less judgmental language like "your perception of" rather than "your bias against" is generally helpful when having a friendly discussion. You main point is made just as well IMO (some players != all players) with the more neutral language.

Except that I meant "your bias." I didn't mean "your perception."

However, thanks for the note.

Remove ads