• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Realms Shatterin Events (RSEs) in your homebrew world?

ruleslawyer

Given that I've never used the Realms-Shattering Events in my Forgotten Realms campaign, almost certainly not. If I like the new FR setting enough to borrow elements of it for my current game, I'll come up with explanations for the setting transformation, but I really prefer the retcon solution for edition changes.

Cyronax

Explorer
Steely Dan said:
Was it fun?

I can't see how, unless you're playing Ghostwalk or something like that.

I actually wonder what my current group would do if their were a TPK.

I might find out this weekend ....

Their exploring a dungeon they have heard might be over there head from a powerful diviner ally, but they want to check it out anyway.

A group of 6 4th level characters and a 6th level expert NPC (bookish archaeologist) in a dungeon where the BBEG is a gauth (lesser beholder) and his grimlock warriors and a special surprise trap. That technically is a very difficult EL, but they have the habit of beating the heck out of whatever I throw at them.

C.I.D.

Allenchan

First Post
Cyronax said:
Having just read some posts about FR's upcoming Spellplague and reading Die Vecna Die a few days ago, I was wondering if anyone was planning on creating their own potential Realms Shattering Events that would serve as a transition from 3.x to 4.0?

My group is in FR, and my group's canon has been sufficiently altered that the spellplague isn't going to happen. However, what IS going to happen and something I was planning even before the 4e announcement, but is going to mesh GREAT with the change over.

Lathander's second attempt at a Dawn Cataclysm is going to be sucessful, in no small part to Myrkul, as Lathander's highest-ranking priest came into the possession of the Crown of Horns, an with Shar ensuring Lathander stays short-sighted, the post-Cataclysm isn't going to be a happy place...

Remathilis

Legend
My 2e-3e RSE was pretty much "things were always like this" My 3.5-4e is a huge jump in the timeline that reduces the world back to the "dark ages" and slowly begins to rebuild.

So in essence, I follow Forgotten Realm's lead... :heh:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Heh, halfling regatta.

We're going to use Monte Cook's Night of Dissolution adventure for Ptolus/Praemal. This has the benefit of involving the player characters in the transition, even if it's only to prevent things from going truly kablooey.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Hard to say.

The first campaign books/players books will really have to knock my socks off in order for me to forgo the numerous boxed sets and other bits I have that background wise, have been pretty useable across three versions of D&D even with things like the Avatar crisis.

Remove ads