Realmsian Dragonstar: The Battle of Toril PbP Game [OOC] (Game Cancelled)

epogue

First Post
Chain Weapon Are an interesting concept but running about the battle field with a chain saw Is a bit absurd but I was thinking of that vibroweapons with the same basic statistic it would only work fineblads since it relies on crystal harmonics with no weight gain since the cutting power is through harmonic oscillation not direct mechanical force the Vibration inducer would be considerably lighter and compact since the vibration would by be induced by magnetic fluctuation like a speaker interacting “ferrous/iron or iron like ie. magnetically sensitive” compounds in incorporated in the crystalline structure of the blade the magnetic levels would be too low to interact with other objects just enough to create and maintain the harmonics the cost expense of being limited to a fineblade should balance the weight change. I can’t just say roll a d20 there has to be why and how just another of my really dumb ideas. It is what I do kind of like doodling.

Sorry for being long winded

wondering if it is possible?

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I thought powercells were more-less standardized pug-and-play? since most of my supplies will likely be scavenging and raids a different powercell for each type of equipment would quickly become imposable do to the volume and diversify of the equipment involved. I understand if do to damage to powercell that is all can be fitted for. I just wanted to be sure if this was a more long term complication.
Not all power cells are made the same (especially for weapons). There are microcells, minicells, and heavy cells. Basically, the cell you scavenged was a minicell (as per the emergency food generator) but since it wasn't made to fit into a weapon, you shouldn't try to use it to power a weapon that takes minicells. Using such a scavenged item in a weapon would be dangerous.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Chain Weapon Are an interesting concept but running about the battle field with a chain saw Is a bit absurd but I was thinking of that vibroweapons with the same basic statistic it would only work fineblads since it relies on crystal harmonics with no weight gain since the cutting power is through harmonic oscillation not direct mechanical force the Vibration inducer would be considerably lighter and compact since the vibration would by be induced by magnetic fluctuation like a speaker interacting “ferrous/iron or iron like ie. magnetically sensitive” compounds in incorporated in the crystalline structure of the blade the magnetic levels would be too low to interact with other objects just enough to create and maintain the harmonics the cost expense of being limited to a fineblade should balance the weight change. I can’t just say roll a d20 there has to be why and how just another of my really dumb ideas. It is what I do kind of like doodling.

Sorry for being long winded

wondering if it is possible?
So you're asking to change your character again. I'm going to have to say 'no.' Davik has entered play. Sorry.

epogue

First Post
no I was just curios if it would work the only reason to change my character is if I had to do a fast
change to accommodate the modifications necessary for a drone financially since the closest thing I could find was

Recon Robot Exp1: CR -; Tiny Construct;
HD 1/2d10; hp 2;
Init +1 (Dex); Spd 60 ft., fly 50 ft. (good);
AC 13 (+2 size, +1 Dex); Atk -;
SQ Construct, lowlight vision, ambidexterity, darkvision 60 ft.;
AL N;
Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +0;
Str 4, Dex 12, Con -, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8.
Class Skills: Disable Device, Open Lock, Freefall, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Speak Language, Spot, Use Device.

Skills: Freefall +5, Hide +5, Listen +6, Move Silently +8, Open Lock +5, Search +7, Spot +6.
Feats: Skill Focus (Move Silently), Technical Proficiency.
Upgrades: 360° vision, darkvision, emergency beacon, hoverlift, improved audio sensors, improved visual sensors, language module (Common), multiple legs, personal communicator, remote operations unit, sensory recorder, telescopic vision, transform conversion.
Possessions: None.
Cost: 13,660 cr.

and I only have 207 cr. so that would require liquidation and re distribution of funds since that is no longer an issue the question is academic curiosity

Last edited:

epogue

First Post
Are there existing stance stability rules?

looking at the extendable stock stance size modification was a logical extension for AC stability modification to attack seemed a logical extension of that line of thought a Kneel reduces your size AC but you have no Dex bonus+1 stability bonus to attack for prone your size AC is reduced by two all prone rules apply+2 stability bonus to attack and a rest would add +1 stability bonus to attack.

Is there any sort of aiming rules in I am over looking?

it would makes sense to sacrificing An tack to adds a +1 first shot only word a given individual for that round if the enemy is slain by another the attack is wasted
makes since if you aim rather and gain some bonus for it rather than shoot and hope with a blaster I am passing on a average 30 points for 3rnd burst fire for a +1 bonus to hit with no damage bonus seems it would not be unbalancing if any thing it would seem to favor the house as the overall damage potential is reduced

A like a sniper only takes one shot so the multiple shots are useless to him

In field example a individual has 8 attacks target A one attack is sacrificed giving a +1 target B seems to be particularly tough so you sacrifice two attacks for a +2 leaving 3 attacks the remainder of the targets are easy

as you can se it is still useful on the general field

Some things seem to make sense but I can't find rules.

Last edited:

epogue

First Post
That is my curiosity BS. but to the point weapon and utility power packs are separate but otherwise standardized by size many things use AA, AAA and C batteries the difference is in load range it is logical a utility cell would be designed for a lower range over a longer time so the weapon would be unable to draw sufficient power to fire and a weapon cell would likely overload a device. but it may be wise to label them on acquisition to prevent incident.

Last edited:

epogue

First Post
Just academic like most of my ideas my brain won't shut up it's ether stare at the ceiling or come up with stuff.

Last edited:

epogue

First Post
no I was just curios if it would work
This being academic curiosity being established is the vibro concept sound?

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
no I was just curios if it would work the only reason to change my character is if I had to do a fast
change to accommodate the modifications necessary for a drone financially
I've already gone back a REMOVED the reference to search bot as a drone-like robot. No changes required. And note that I consider change to your equipment a change to your PC.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
That is my curiosity BS. but to the point weapon and utility power packs are separate but otherwise standardized by size many things use AA, AAA and C batteries the difference is in load range it is logical a utility cell would be designed for a lower range over a longer time so the weapon would be unable to draw sufficient power to fire and a weapon cell would likely overload a device. but it may be wise to label them on acquisition to prevent incident.
Details on the three primary types of power cells are listed on p. 114 of the Starfarer's Handbook. And each weapon and device lists which power cell it requires for use. For example, your Assault Blaster Rifle requires a minicell as its power source. It will not work with a microcell or a heavy cell, buy ANY standard weapon minicell (15 cr.) will do. Note that such a minicell is good for 20 shots for your weapon, but it would be good for 25 shots for, say, a blaster carbine or a laser carbine (SFH, p. 98). The cell is the same device but it allows for more shots for some weapons.

Basically, if a power cell (or magazine) has a unique price that doesn't correspond with any other weapon, that cell or magazine is unique to that weapon. This is mainly for magaines, as power cells are designed to be a bit more universal.

However, my ruling for the salvaged cell is that it's not designed to fit into weapons but works easily with most non-combat equipment. You could try to use it with a weapon in a pinch, but it could fail, cause a misfire, or explode. This is what I've come up with for salvaged equipment on the fly from a wrecked vehicle or technological device.

Remove ads