Reaper S02E03 - The Sweet Science

Orius

Legend
Ben would like to introduce Nina to Sam and Sock, but he's concerned they won't accept her because she's a demon. Andi discovers Sock has created a fake employee at the Work Bench to double his salary, but when he refuses to fix the situation the two go head-to-head in a battle of wits. Meanwhile, The Devil tells Sam he must send a prizefighter from the fifties back to hell by getting in the ring with him and knocking him out.

This week's episode.

Les Nessman was a bum. No one's gonna miss him. :devil:

Got to love the Devil's approach to 12-step programs. What a bastard.

Anyone else think Nina's hot as hell? Heh.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
A good one, glad to see the show is getting back into it's rhythm (10 month break showed in the first 2 shows of the season).

Les Nessman was the man, now if they had done a "Turkey's Away" skit!

Nina, HOT, I got to say there is something about her that is very appealing.

Have a feeling that this season is about redemption, that the Devil is still an angel and that souls can be saved and that is part of his job.

Orius

Legend
Les Nessman was the man, now if they had done a "Turkey's Away" skit!

What I don't get is how the heck Ted didn't catch that for two YEARS. How stupid was that dork, anyway? He can't see there's TWO slackers not getting any work done on the same shift?

Andi's solution to Les Nessman was very amusing though.

Nina, HOT, I got to say there is something about her that is very appealing.

She's attractive, and she kind of seems like a good girl. And she seems a bit ditzy, but not full blown airhead. That does it for me. :)

Have a feeling that this season is about redemption, that the Devil is still an angel and that souls can be saved and that is part of his job.

Yeah, I think think there is a redemption theme going on here, exept that the Devil isn't at all for it. He wants the damned to stay damned, probably because he's an insecure, controlling bastard. But we see the theme going here, there's the Alan guy that got out of hell, and in this episode
the soul threw the fight against Sam because he knew the Devil was trying to set him up. I think that'll get him some measure of redemption. Look at how the Devil stopped gloating as soon as Sam rubbed that fact in his face. Actually, I think Sam's starting to take some small pleasure in doing what the Devil wants, but not the way the Devil wants it and then rubbing it in his face. Go Sam!
. In fact, I think the conclusion (so far) of the Steve and Tony storyline last season kicked this whole theme off. Also, the Devil's anti-12 step programs this episode and the soul's backstory may be connected to this theme as well; he goes out of his way to exploit people's weaknesses, and he doesn't want to let them make up for it.

I liked Sock's bucket of soda.

Funny, but Sock's going to have to cut back on some of this crap. Andi'll let the little stuff slide, but she doesn't want to be stuck in the middle with some of Sock's more outrageous antics. To put it bluntly, Sock needs to grow up a bit with some stuff, and stop being so selfish.

Remove ads