Recommend me a RPG for reading.

aia_2

Custom title
If you're able to read French language, the best reading according to your points (one only is not met: it is in pdf only, not printed version): Tiers Age, a French RPG set in the Tolkien world. IMHO far better than any other game set in the Middle Earth.

I decided to go with Symbaroum. The art and the details in the Quickstart got me. I ordered the core book, the starter set and the Thistle Hold adventure book. here's hoping I don't find myself addicted to this game...
It’s such an interesting setting that when my players in a totally different game (modern urban fantasy) did an astral quest, I used Symbaroum as the main framework, and then they wound up mostly not wanting to go back home, despite how bleak it is. It’s addictive!

Last edited:

The world of The Spire is just packed with these amazing details that you can just see coming to life in a great adventure. Real leaping-off-of-the-page stuff. Heck, even the character classes give you so many ideas.

There are sentence fragments in Spire that feel like an entire one-shot you'd kill to play. That book has more great ideas in it than anything I've read in a while.

I decided to go with Symbaroum. The art and the details in the Quickstart got me. I ordered the core book, the starter set and the Thistle Hold adventure book. here's hoping I don't find myself addicted to this game...
I got addicted. I’ve started running the setting in savage worlds for my Friday group. I’d been searching for a fantasy setting for a long time and Symbaroum really sparked for me.

Remove ads