• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recommend me a RPG for reading.

aia_2

Custom title
If you're able to read French language, the best reading according to your points (one only is not met: it is in pdf only, not printed version): Tiers Age, a French RPG set in the Tolkien world. IMHO far better than any other game set in the Middle Earth.

I decided to go with Symbaroum. The art and the details in the Quickstart got me. I ordered the core book, the starter set and the Thistle Hold adventure book. here's hoping I don't find myself addicted to this game...
It’s such an interesting setting that when my players in a totally different game (modern urban fantasy) did an astral quest, I used Symbaroum as the main framework, and then they wound up mostly not wanting to go back home, despite how bleak it is. It’s addictive!

Last edited:

The world of The Spire is just packed with these amazing details that you can just see coming to life in a great adventure. Real leaping-off-of-the-page stuff. Heck, even the character classes give you so many ideas.

There are sentence fragments in Spire that feel like an entire one-shot you'd kill to play. That book has more great ideas in it than anything I've read in a while.

I decided to go with Symbaroum. The art and the details in the Quickstart got me. I ordered the core book, the starter set and the Thistle Hold adventure book. here's hoping I don't find myself addicted to this game...
I got addicted. I’ve started running the setting in savage worlds for my Friday group. I’d been searching for a fantasy setting for a long time and Symbaroum really sparked for me.

Remove ads