5E Recommendations for a 5e 3rd party adventure path?

BMaC

Explorer
My group will be finishing Descent in Avernus and we're trying to decide what to play next. We've played all the official 5e books. The group members are big fans of Kobold Press's Tome of Beasts. Are there any good 3rd party full-blown adventure paths? I have the Quests of Doom series and they're all good adventures but not an AP.

Zardnaar

Legend
My group will be finishing Descent in Avernus and we're trying to decide what to play next. We've played all the official 5e books. The group members are big fans of Kobold Press's Tome of Beasts. Are there any good 3rd party full-blown adventure paths? I have the Quests of Doom series and they're all good adventures but no an AP.
Tome of Beasts is for Midgard setting made by Kobolds Press.

They gave some adventures tied to the world.

There's a sorta AP made by Troll Lord Games. They're converting their A series to 5E. Mixed quality, haven't played the conversions though.

Mike Myler

Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters KS soon

FEATURING
The Mubo Brothers: A family of gunslingers that collectively swear vengeance on the party
Nature Spirits: Including the ice arachnid Kumo-Rui and my personal favorite, the corpse-eating Shitaitaberu
Differing Modules: Sandbox mystery, cat-and-mouse chase, mass combat, hide-or-get-shot, train fighting—lots of variety in encounters and adventure styles
Really cool things I'm not going to explain: fish-person monks, cannibalism, flaming rooster from hell, miles-across bone mound, this bangin handout
1580588001775.png

Eltab

Adventurer
+1 for Red Hand of Doom.
Be aware that it is the prototype which Tyranny of Dragons tried to emulate, so you may want to change the ultimate BBEG at the end.

Rellott

Explorer
Zeitgeist, as recommended above, seems really good.
Call from the Deep seemed good on read-through.
I just finished reading Rise of the Dragonlords, and it seemed pretty epic. It goes all the way from 1-20, but there’s good stopping points around levels 12 and 17 if you want that.
There are a ton of one-shot adventures out there that could be strung together in a more-or-less coherent campaign. Kobold Press’s blog has an article about how you can do that with some of their adventures in their Midgard setting, here: So You Want to Play in Midgard? (But You Don’t Know Where to Start)

Inchoroi

Explorer
If you don't mind converting, Paizo has quite a lot of APs, most of which are pretty good. I'm converting Rise of the Runelords to run it in 5e now for a new group.

Zeitgeist is worth a look, I'll agree, although its a bit railroady. War of the Burning Sky is also cool, even though its got a decent bit of mass combat, which the DM can narratively waive or if you want to delve that rabbit hole you can run the combats.

jayoungr

Hero
Kobold Press also has a full-length adventure called Courts of the Shadow Fey:

Or there's the newly-released Odyssey of the Dragonlords. I just got my Kickstarter copy, and it looks great!

The player's guide can be downloaded for free, to get a feel for the setting:

Weiley31

Adventurer
Mirrors of The Abyss is a good one I've heard about.

Warning though: It's apparently incredibly VICIOUS to the PCs though.

Ringtail

World Traveller
If you like The Tome of Beasts, which is made by Kobold Press, you should check out the adventures they have in their Midgard setting.

As someone mentioned, the Courts of the Shadow Fey is a proper full length adventure path. There is also Tales from the Old Margreve which has 12 Adventures going from level 1-20. There's also the Book of Lairs which are just simple dungeons made for use with the Tome of Beasts. I think they have another for the Creature Codex.

DragonBelow

Explorer
I'm pillaging a lot of Kobold Press material and reskinning it for the forgotten realms. I know there is ton of material for the FR with all the official APs, but between the different Kobold Press Lairs and Zobeck books, it's easier for me to stitch something together this way.

Weiley31

Adventurer
I'm pillaging a lot of Kobold Press material and reskinning it for the forgotten realms. I know there is ton of material for the FR with all the official APs, but between the different Kobold Press Lairs and Zobeck books, it's easier for me to stitch something together this way.
Same: Courts of The Shadow Fey is basically the DND Feywild Unseelie/Gloaming Courts and The Queen of Air and Darkness for my games.

collin

Explorer
I would look at some of the old Paizo 3rd edition adventure paths, such as Age of Worms. A 5e conversion was begun some time ago and there are other threads on this forum that discuss it.

Inchoroi

Explorer
I would look at some of the old Paizo 3rd edition adventure paths, such as Age of Worms. A 5e conversion was begun some time ago and there are other threads on this forum that discuss it.
Age of Worms was one of the campaigns I was considering, instead of the Pathfinder ones.

Advertisement