D&D 5E Recommendations for a 5e 3rd party adventure path?

If you have any questions about ZEITGEIST, just ask. I was the director of the AP.

The basic conceit is a fantasy setting where one nation kicked off an industrial revolution, which is shifting the balance of power. The PCs are special agents of their home country, tasked with solving crimes with international stakes. Think a mix of Sherlock Holmes and The X-Files.

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
If you have any questions about ZEITGEIST, just ask. I was the director of the AP.

The basic conceit is a fantasy setting where one nation kicked off an industrial revolution, which is shifting the balance of power. The PCs are special agents of their home country, tasked with solving crimes with international stakes. Think a mix of Sherlock Holmes and The X-Files.
Some of the ZEITGEIST Adventure Path for 5E is free on the EN5ider Patreon (and any patrons have access to the catalog of 300+ articles, which at this point includes ZG #1-#9).

Volund

Explorer
Heh, I worked on that book. Its super deadly, but I wouldn't call it an adventure path, as you basically stay in the same dungeon the whole time.
Let me elaborate. I dropped RA into Greyhawk where the Dreadwood meets the coast of the Azure Sea and mashed it up with Ghosts of Saltmarsh for the starting location. RA 5e has sahaugin, sea caves, a forest full of bandits, even pirates - all of which overlap with the Saltmarsh setting. Aside from the main Dungeon of Graves, RA 5e has three other major dungeons and a dozen smaller location encounters. The two books together cover about a dozen Greyhawk hexes - it's a big sandbox for my players to explore.

Has anytime mentioned the Shattered Heart adventure path from Adventure a Week?

It is set on a large island populated by halflings with a culture reminiscent of the post revolutionary war United States.

I own it but I haven't played it.

S'mon

Legend
We're working through Red Hand of Doom from 3rd edition, but have adapted it to 5e. The players seem to be really loving it, and so far its been an easy conversion. It's for levels 5-11.

I too have been running Red Hand of Doom in 5e - FR - Red Hand of Doom - conversion from 3e is dead easy, I mostly just use the 3e stats at the back and recalculate AC & to-hit, or I used the Monster Manual & Volo's Guide stats.

Started at 5th level, currently 11th with the PCs entering the Temple. I expect to end around 13th.

S'mon

Legend
If you don't mind converting, Paizo has quite a lot of APs, most of which are pretty good. I'm converting Rise of the Runelords to run it in 5e now for a new group.

I've run most of Rise of the Runelords, and all of Shattered Star, converted to 5e - Varisia: Curse of the Crimson Throne, Runelords of the Shattered Star

My experience with the Paizo APs is that the early ones work well in 5e since the monsters are mostly the same or easy to convert. Stuff gets weirder later on, making conversion progressively more difficult. So I'd recommend the Rise of the Runelords & Curse of the Crimson Throne hardbacks as good prospects.

Remove ads