• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Recruiting - 4e D&D] - Haven's siege

Velmont

First Post
The continent of Esperane have been under the control of the Voice of Bane for a decade now. That mysterious figure is the symbol of the god of tyranny. Under his rule, all goblinoids, orcs, ogres and giants have been rallied and no one have been able to stop them. Many kingdoms have been wiped out, others have been put under slavery.

Today, only one small valley surrounded by a mountain range have hold to this threat. The hands of Moradin, the mountain range that ward the valley if the kingdom of the dwarves. Only on passage allow the access to the valley by the south, and it is protected by the Thane's Hold, a fortress the Voice of Bane haven't found a weakness to exploit yet. In the valley is the large forest of Sif, the kingdom of the Eladrin. The noble fey have open the door of there kingdom to the wild cousin, the elves, putting aside a feud that had been raging for centuries between the two races. On the north of the valley is the open sea, where is the human city of Haven. Since the war has started, many refugee have come to the city, and now hold more than twice his original population. If Bane's amry havn't been able to conquer Haven by the sea, it is because of Melora's Shell, an artifact hold by the city that allow to control the winds and storm over the sea. The Shell have repealed two attempt of the Voice to take Haven by sea. No further attempt have been made in the last 3 years.

-=-=-=-=-

Thane's hold have been under siege for many years now, but the reinforcement from Haven and Sif have allowed the dwarves to hold good without much fear of falling. Veteran, new soldiers and militia all give an hand to push back the army of Bane.

For the recruitment, I'll inspire myself from another game that have started recently. If there is enough interest, everyone will be welcome to join in and roleplay. No roll will be needed until the game will really start (in maybe a month, when I'll choose the crew).

You can start anywhere within the valley (City of Haven and surrounding, Forest of Sif, Dwarven kingdom). Everyone will have a reason to go to Thane's Hold, where the game will start once we have the final crew.

If someone see similarity with DEFCON1's Siege Of Bordrin's Watch, well, you are right. It won't be the same story, but I got my inspiration from there.

I don't want stats for now, only the concept. but if you need an idea, everything from Character Builder + Monk playtest will be accepted. I hope to form a group of 6 players, and I'll choose the most interesting concept and roleplay during the first month of roleplay.

I'll open an IC if there is enough interest.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Lord Baltimore

HI! I’d be interested in playing here!

Lord Baltimore

The first thing you hear is the deep, fluid resonances of his speaking voice. Its tones assure you that all is right with the world, that there is a purpose, and that purpose may indeed have chosen you above all others to help him. The story the voice is telling is confident, soothing, warm: it is the voice you wish you father had. The crowd around him is packed, laughing at all the right moments, and preventing your view.

You see his sleeve, draped in silk, making a broad sweeping gesture. Climbing onto a table, you see his felt hat, worn rakishly in the manner of the court. Then he takes it off, with a gallant sweep as his voice modulates to the timorous cries of the foes he fights in his tale, and you see his face: the goblinoid tusks protruding from his lower jaw, and the large gold ring suspended from the green, pig-like ear.

This is Lord Baltimore, servant of the crown, teller of tales, hobgoblin valorous bard.

Velmont

First Post
I'm curious how you'll introduce this character. You are aware that Orcs, Goblin, Hobgoblin and Bugbears are among the race that follow the Voice of Bane and the war have been raging for over a decade now. But I'm willing to give a chance to all concept before the crew is chosen..

Alessandro

First Post
Amira Issali - Human Female Rogue

Amira let out a sigh of frustration and swept her long black hair out of her eyes for seemingly the thousandth time that day. Haven's guards had been diligent enough to remove all her hairpins before locking her up. Sure, if they hadn't, she would likely be halfway out of town by now, but she simply couldn't stand the way loose hair flew wherever it seemed a mind to.

Throwing herself lazily on her cot, she pushed her hair behind her ears and let gravity keep it there. She scanned her surroundings one more time in desperation - solid stone walls, solid metal bars, solid, solid, solid. Scowling, Amira thought about how much harder life for a cat burglar had become since the Voice of Bane's dominance of the outer lands. Only one human city to steal from - only one set of familiar city guard faces to hide from - and only one disturbingly solid jail to find yourself trapped in.

Amira hated the Voice of Bane for other reasons as well, of course. Her family wasn't originally from Haven. Which, in this day and age, meant that the rest of her family was presumed dead or missing. At least none of them had ever managed to show up in Haven...

The dark, young woman couldn't stand it anymore. She had to get out of this cell. She had to get somewhere where her body could be as free as her mind. Lifting up the iron cup which the guards occasionally ladled water into, she loudly beat the cup against the bars repeatedly. *CLANG CLANG CLANG* In the past, cities at war had sometimes let non-violent offenders leave prison early if they served a portion of their sentence with the army. She was willing to do her part against the Voice of Bane and his armies if it meant freedom from this... and her hairpins back.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I'm curious how you'll introduce this character. You are aware that Orcs, Goblin, Hobgoblin and Bugbears are among the race that follow the Voice of Bane and the war have been raging for over a decade now. But I'm willing to give a chance to all concept before the crew is chosen..

...that's part of the fun!

CaBaNa

First Post
Spssss

Sppsss

DANG IT! CUT THAT OUT!!!

You'll draw the guards attention...

Sitting in the center of the next cell is a robed figure, covered in such a way as to make it hard to distinguish any real features.

After watching the woman next door pull the hair out of her face and scan the room for what seemed the millionth time, then suddenly lose it and start raising Ruckus*, the cloaked figure had to say something.

A robed arm waved in the other convicts direction and suddenly all her hair pulled neatly back into a ponytail, braiding itself.

I don't know what you plan to say, other than let me out, but we can surely come up with something better, together...

[sblock=*]
Ruckus, undead demon of awful noisiness. Often driving those who summon him deaf, and leaving bystanders in a fit of uncontrollable rage. Arch nemesis of the meditating arcane...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Kolvram scowled down at the distant keep that straddled the gap between mountains. He had long known of the siege, of course, but had never planned to view it in person. As important as the defense of the valley was, he knew that he was meant for action of a less...steadfast nature.
He paused to admire the irony of a dwarf seeing steadfast warfare as a negative. The difference between he and other dwarves went well beyond such niceties, of course. He had given up the freedom of acting and thinking like his kin five years ago when he had sworn the oath of service to Moradin. He had given up more than he could name that night. In its place, he had been given the power to bring Moradin's wrath against His enemies. Now, for whatever reason, he knew that that task would bring him to Thane's Hold.
With a grunt of resignation, the dwarf picked up his waraxe and started moving down the mountain toward the future.

Alessandro

First Post

A robed arm waved in the other convicts direction and suddenly all her hair pulled neatly back into a ponytail, braiding itself.

I don't know what you plan to say, other than let me out, but we can surely come up with something better, together...

The sensation of her long hair slithering along the back of her neck sent a shiver down Amira's spine -but, strangely, not as much as the excitement of planning an escape with a spell caster. As a child, her mother had often read to her from the various adventures of Tali the Rogue and Elwin the Wizard - a devastating duo that always weaved wit and cunning with incredible feats of magic. Amira's childhood dream had been to live out their fictional escapades.

Shifting back to reality, Amira lowered the iron cup and considered their options. "I'm listening. But know that those guards have left me with nothing to help in our escape. So, unless you have a few useful tricks up your sleaves we might have little more than variations on the 'help-me-I'm-sick' routine."

She casually leans against the metal bars, looking expectantly towards the cloaked figure.

Remove ads