• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Recruiting - 4e D&D] - Haven's siege

Alessandro

First Post
Velmont, do you want the above posts to be copied to the IC thread, or should we leave the old material here and post all new material in the IC thread?

CaBaNa

First Post
What level will these characters be? I haven't done anything that wouldn't be possible at level 1, but if the character is more powerful, I want to match the backstory...

tiornys

Explorer
Can we get a sense of distances in the valley? Specifically, what's the travel time from Haven to the Forest of Sef, from the middle of the forest out, and from the forest to Thane's Keep? I think Alessandro, CaBaNa, Minirogue, and myself could all use the information.

t~

Atanatotatos

First Post
Hi there Velmont! This seems interesting so... I'd like to ask a couple of questions:
Setting-wise, how would Goliath fit? Have you thought of a place for them? I was thinking of a warrior with a past as a slave, and followers of Bane would make a fine bunch of slavist, I think...

Mechanically, I'd be interested in trying how hybrid characters play. Would that be allowed?
I'll start reading the IC throughly in the meanwhile :)

Alessandro

First Post
Velmont - I was wondering if you had decided what generation of DnD rules this would be following once characters sheets were drawn up. I just noticed that I kept mentioning 'sense motive' checks because I generally play 3.5E and CaBaNa was mentioning 'insight' checks, which I believe is the 4E replacement skill.

So far, the difference between editions haven't been an issue and possibly it won't be an issue before we need character sheets (so many skills are similar in 3.5 and 4E), but I thought I would ask in case a scenario ever arose where there was indeed a difference.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Definitely interested in this. Usually I come up with a bunch of ideas, and have a terrible time choosing between them. With this set-up, I going to just post with each of them, and whittle down ideas by actually playing them and seeing what I like best. In fact, they will be starting as 4 ideas, a traveling band of adventurers (one in each role). I've already started 2 (razorclaw shifter druid and Longtooth shifter barbarian), and mentioned the others (halfing bard and goliath fighter). I'll put more up tomorrow night- I'm off to sleep now and can't post during the day at work...

Minirogue

First Post
Velmont - I was wondering if you had decided what generation of DnD rules this would be following once characters sheets were drawn up. I just noticed that I kept mentioning 'sense motive' checks because I generally play 3.5E and CaBaNa was mentioning 'insight' checks, which I believe is the 4E replacement skill.

So far, the difference between editions haven't been an issue and possibly it won't be an issue before we need character sheets (so many skills are similar in 3.5 and 4E), but I thought I would ask in case a scenario ever arose where there was indeed a difference.

I was hoping for 4E, because that's what I'm basing my character on

*Edit* 4e is in the title of this thread...so I have a feeling that it will be 4e

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads