• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Recruiting D20Modern] The War of Tralshan

GWolf

First Post
Well, I'd really like to run a GURPs game and I really like to have about four fairly dedicated players. So here is my Idea for the Game.

The Game would be based on the Conflict between 3 Nations on a medium sized isalnd, and the 3 smaller islands around it. *I'll describe the Combatants and Nations below.

The game would be slightly Combat intensive but with also Strategic and Roleplaying importance. The characters, would be able to go off on their own slighty, and could be promoted to leading squads, etc.

The World is one of fantasy, and the time is Medieval pushing on Renassiance. The game is realstic with little magic, and some cinematics at approiate times.

The Characters are to be made with 30 point buy (as in DMG), Level 1, D20 Modern Classes, Defense Bonus halved rounded down, Any Armour and Weapons from the DnD 3e book.

They can be from any of the Three Nations involved. The Characters can be made however you wish, but you should pick one of these type of templates. They don't affect youre stats, but they will affect where you start and how you can become promoted. (These *Templates* are listed Later)

-Nations/Comabatants-

Ras
Ras is a small small empire on the shore of Artic Waters. The Island that Ras is located on is fairly big, and Ras controls most of the Island. The Government is a Monarchry, Throughout the ages the people have lived in realtive peace and have loved their cold home.

Ras was prospering for a time, but now that there island has begun to dry up of copper and to lesser extent iron supplies the rulers have grown restless, and seek to locate more supplies. Ras had a few attempts to colonize other islands for resources in the area, all but one have failed due to pirate attacks by the Prianians.

The Rasen people for the most part love their home, and are kidn ot one another. They don't much love war, but they understand the need for resources, and would like to be able to better defend their homes, and colonies.

Prian

Prian is a Odd, snake shaped nation in the south central part of the Octical Ocean. The Island is very short across but is fairly long and twisted. The government is that of Communism.

The Nation is power hungry and looks to become the greatest nation in the world, through military action. Their people for the most part are fanactics about their goverment, the others live in fear, or enjoyment of the benifits in living in such a a comfortable and well estblaished nation.

Curently Prian is looking to capture the resources and "educate" the people of the Tralshan of the Prian way. They also are trying to stop their main opposers in the nation, The Rasens.

Tralshan

The Tralshan were always a simple and primitive people who lived in realtive peace with thier tribal government. They are below the current tech levell.The tribes of Tralshan have lived in peace for many years. Unknown to them their medium sized island, and the surrond islands house ,iron, copper, and diamonds.

Other Nations
The other nations in the world are pretty much out of reach and about an ocean away.

-The Current Situation-

Prian has launched an invasion of a small southern Tralshanin island, and has succeded in setting up a base there. The Prian goal is to eventully take the main island, convert the people to communism, and gain all the resources.

Tralshan was losing ground quickly to the superior Prain forces in an attempted invasion of the main island, but just in time Ras forces showed up to save them.

Ras has made a deal with the Tralshanins, they will help defend the island from the Prians and they will be allowed to mine and trade with the Tralshans for much needed resources after the War.

-Templates-

Soldiers
This is for the main fighting forces. There are plenty of different types. Such as Swordsmen, Crossbow Men, Archers, Axe Men, Mace Men, Artillary Users, Spearmen etc. etc. If this template is picked The PCs will start as Privates.

Country specific notes:

Ras - The RAC (Rassen Army Corps) Has many Archers, and Swordsmen . There forces emphasize movement,quick strikes, and deceptive stratagys. Hence their troops are lighlty armored. They have some light artillary such as medium range Catapults, on wheels. The morale is fairly high for the Rassens, they are fighting for their country, and they know if they can win here they can win against the Prians in their attemped colonies.

Tralshan - The Tralshan army is in pieces and is very week. A member of this nation is most likely to be a Spearman, or if he is lucky a Archer with a poor quality bow, there are a Few squads equipped with fair quality swords supplied by the Rasens. The Tralshans fight fiercly knowing it is Victory or death.

Prian - The Prian army is deadly and well armed. The troops Mainly use Axes, crossbows, heavy armor, and bastillias. They also have the most advanced, but unrelible and in small production, artillary - Rockets. The morale of this army is mixed. Some are fanatic to be fighting for their country, others wish they were home. Others, after losing their first (small) invasion attemp of the mainland, are unsure.

Engineers/Inventors
These are the inventors and deisgners of the Army. Those who pick this template will start as Inventors in thier home countries, or if Engineers picked (like inventors, but with less inventions more imporvising) they will start on the battlefield.

Country notes:

Ras - The Rasen inventors are in an awkward poistion, make primitive non - resource intensive inventions that are effective. They lack much expertise in boats, but enjoy good knowledge in ranged weapons, and groudn vehicles (chairots etc.)

Tralshan - No inventors, only primitive engineers.

Prian - Well funded, and with Lots of resources, the inventors of Prian are able to make quite amazing things. This is first seen with thier creation of rockets. They are also fairly decent with ships, but not so with ground vehicles or ranged weapons, or hand to hand weapons. (They focus on ships and artillary)

Medics
The important healers of the Armies, they are fairly generic.

Any questions about the game, ask. IF you want to be something different from the Ideas above, Just ask, I will probably allow it, even if it sounds slightly crazy.

WIll you Be a deadly soldier of the Prian Army? A hopless Tralshanin fighting for your Country? A Rasen inventor stuck with little resoruces?

Last edited:

GWolf

First Post
Sure, I'll run It as D20 Modern then. I'll work out the details on that latter, We'll neeed about 3 more people. Whats your character Concept?

GWolf

First Post
Ok I updated Above. It is 30 Point buy as in DMG. Armor/Weapons is an in The regular DND 3rd edition book.

Defense Bonuses will be half rounded down. (This is due to the larger amount of Armor Use)

Starting Level is 1.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads