Recruiting for Adventure in the Vastermarch

Patlin

Explorer
Also, reading over who's interested, this looks somewhat likely to be the crew from Blood of the Werewolf... it'd be fun for Manzanita and I to swap DMing duties. If Banion comes, his buddy Beamer may be interested as well. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll mention it to Slagmortar.

Banion is a stealthy (but fairly ineffectual in combat) soulknife. Beamer is a sorceror.

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer would be interested. In his previous adventures with Banion he has attracted the wrath of a multi-national organization possibly based in Lathirn and a soon to be military dictator of a city state near Orussus. He would have every reason to decide that traveling up north to let things settle down is a good idea. He is 4th level as I believe Banion is as well. He is neutral, though I tend to think of him as standing on a razor's edge between good and tumbling into evil, and with Banion he's pretty much been acting good.

SlagMortar

First Post
It's alright with me if Banion retires and Beamer falls to the dark side; you don't have to keep him around just for Beamer. It might be one of the first times where a character being retired has in game consequences. :)

Patlin

Explorer
Actually, that's happened to me before. I had a chaotic good gish type 1st edition character, who's chaotic neutral drow friend rapidly became chaotic evil when the two players got involved in seperate campaigns.

I shall bravely stand against the dark with my itty bitty (but pointy) figment of my imagination! Evildoers beware!

Though if Banion dies, Beamer's on his own. ;)

Manzanita

First Post
Well, it sounds like a good group we have here. I reckon we should get stated. I'm going to take Eusibeus, Juliana, Boog, Beamer & Banion. As fond as I am of Talbin, I don't think a 3rd level PC will quite cut it. I'm happy with 5 anyway.

Is Boog currently in Ravensblight? Or did he return to Orussus? I know Eusebius & Juliana are in the RDI. The halflings are where, at this point?

If you five could check in & confirm your continued interest, I'll get some hooks going.

SlagMortar

First Post
The Banion and Beamer are currently in trying to sneak out of Gotian. This will be the first adventure where they are traveling with a melee warrior. Yay!

Edit: And someone with at least one level of cleric. I think I'm going to faint. :)

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
SlagMortar said:
The Banion and Beamer are currently in trying to sneak out of Gotian. This will be the first adventure where they are traveling with a melee warrior. Yay!

Edit: And someone with at least one level of cleric. I think I'm going to faint. :)

Well, we do seem to travel with rangers, and I think Draig considers himself a melee type. It's just that the rangers have also been the *only* healer in the group, and Draig was also the lowest level character in Thirst for Power.

Banion and Beamer can pretty much show up wherever you would like, looking over their shoulders nervously and hoping they've outdistanced anyone who might be looking for them. Banion's got half a mind to try and mend fences with his family, but could be distracted from this pretty easilly... and I've never established exactly where the Lorish clan lives.

SlagMortar

First Post
Patlin said:
I think Draig considers himself a melee type
Good point, I don't mean to disparage Draig. I more meant someone with the AC, hit points, and desire to be close enough to the enemy for Beamer to keep them between himself and the bad guys.

Remove ads