• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[REDACTED]

Dice4Hire

First Post
I want the moderation to stay exactly as it is now. I like it this way.

Well, if I had to choose, maybe a bit harder on the foul language, but that is a minor point and probably to much work for the moderators.

renau1g

First Post
I think the mods do a great job with a fairly difficult task (namely policing/moderating the interwebs where people turn into utter jack-... you know whats). I've thought some things were further off-side than they did and they left the posts as is.

For fun

InternetToughGuy_2-468x2.jpg

DumbPaladin

First Post
It's odd, I would have expected this thread to be closed already. The moderators of EN World have exacted a ban on publicly discussing what anyone's opinion of them is.

In any event, there's no reason for me to answer your questions, because my entire post would simply be deleted.

Ahnehnois

First Post
The reasons I keep coming back to ENW after having long ago abandoned many D&D forums (including WotC) is the level of discourse. Most of the posts here use sentences and real english words, most of the topics are relevant to the game and not inflammatory, most of the individuals who post here enjoy D&D and come to discuss it.

I think the no politics/religion and grandma-friendly rules are intuitive and in general are fairly enforced. I think the mods are generally part of the community and have perspective as to what's reasonable and what isn't. I think the moderators do a great job.

The worse criticisms I have are that politics/religion is sometimes extended to include social issues in general, but some of those threads that get shut down are just too divisive anyway. I also advocated for different organization of some of the forums but the way they are isn't a problem.

In general, the internet is worse than a dungeon, full of trolls and fire traps with the occasional locked treasure chest surrounded by danger. Moderation is absolutely necessary at a forum like this to prevent random spammers and malcontents from destroying any intelligent discourse.

DumbPaladin

First Post
To be fair, @Ahnehnois, there are some other specific criticisms I could make regarding moderation. Most people have made the one you just did, but that one's not going away. There are plenty of other legitimate complaints that can be made ... but that's not allowed.

I also agree with you that, for the most part, despite the failings of the moderators here, the boards are way less annoying to deal with than they are most everywhere else I've been so far.

STILL confused that this topic is open.

(Oh, and [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION]: lol.)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's odd, I would have expected this thread to be closed already. The moderators of EN World have exacted a ban on publicly discussing what anyone's opinion of them is.

In any event, there's no reason for me to answer your questions, because my entire post would simply be deleted.

The ban is on discussing specific moderation instances. You're welcome to discuss the subject in general as long as you remain polite (that also means not discussing specific moderators).

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

That isn't exactly true. We have threads like this occasionally.

What we don't allow is public discussion of specific moderation actions - if you have a problem with a specific case, we ask you to take it to e-mail or PM with a mod or admin.

Discussion and feedback on moderation in general is allowed, so long as it otherwise keeps to the rules.

Edit: Ah, Morrus beat me to it.

Last edited:

aurance

Explorer
I'm perfectly happy with the way things are moderated here.

Moderation is fairly subjective anyway, and ENWorld is not some sort of free speech bastion. I consider it akin to having a conversation at a party at someone else's house. The house rules can be as logical or as arbitrary as the owners see fit and it's not my place to bitch about it.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
The only specific complaint that I have about moderation is that the current system sometimes seems to reward deliberate trolls and punish well-meaning community members trying to police their own backyard.

Remove ads