• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Redclaw's Eyes of the Lich Queen

Redclaw

First Post
Round 2

19—Cholas
17—Talas
13—Drekhad
3—Alexa
2—Blackscale

Cholas fires two arrows over Drekhad’s head and into the chest of the looming lizardman. Both strike true, and red blood flows down its black scales.

Talas closes and strikes at the lizardman, whirling his flail around him in a defensive pattern, batting aside the gigantic club, until striking out at the lizardman's side, dropping the creature where it stands.

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Huh. I'm more than a little disappointed here. So what do we want to do about this? We've apparently picked a fight with the locals, even if they did shoot first."

Drekhad inventories his fully recovered injuries. He then looks at his fallen companion. "This isn't good. We're already down one. Should we backtrack and recuperate?"

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Talas

Talas moves to inspect the dead lizardman, giving it a investigative kick for good measure. "What did it say to you Drekhad?"

Talas scratches his chin and looks deeper into the jungle, where the blackscaled lizardman came from. "The small one summoned the large one with that whistling noise. There are probably a number of them nearby. With Bregan down, it may be a good idea to retreat for a few days until he is back on his feet. We will have to get Bregan up now, I'd hate to have to carry him back into town on a litter. It would just slow us down, putting us at risk for another ambush."

[sblock=ooc]Well WakkaWakka hasn't been logged on for a month now. Are you going to open up recruitment again Redclaw?[/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Nothing important. I think the big one was an idiot. He was probably in charge, but still an idiot. Rawr, I'm big. Me hit you. Rawr. You hurt friend. Me lub friend. Friend missing! Oh yeah, and stay away from the temple. Hurray."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=ooc] LOL You could let me have 2 Bregan's that way one of them can stay upright!! :) I learned my lesson from this fight, when you see an ambush, DON'T STAND IN IT![/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc] It's the downside of being point man, I fear. On the other hand, being 60' ahead of the party makes it tough, too. It takes wo rounds to come to rescue that way. ;) [/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]

Ah, Bregan's fine lol. Next time, I'll fire and move my 40ft back. With their 30ft, that would allow me to be 60ft away rather safely wouldn't it?[/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Alright, so as much as it pains me, I think we are falling back for today, and possibly more days. How far out are we from the camping spot we used recently?

Zurai

First Post
"Bregan is bad off. Looks like those arrows they were using are absolutely filthy with poison; he's lucky to still be alive. We need to either magically cure him or get him somewhere safe - and I think we determined earlier that we don't have the resources to completely cure poison, right?"

Redclaw

First Post
Cholas has six scrolls of Lesser Restoration, which will remove the damage at a rate of 1d4 per scroll. Additionally, ability damage heals at a rate of one point per day naturally, double that with extended care. Cholas also suffered five points of strength damage, however, so the party total at the moment is 19 points of ability damage.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads