Redclaw's Eyes of the Lich Queen

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Oh, I'm sure it's a REALLY bad one. Probably fifty feet tall, with big spikey armor and lots of teeth. It's probably some nameless horror from the great beyond, waiting patiently for some profane ritual to wake it up and devour the universe. You know, the fun kind."

EvolutionKB

First Post
Talas 33/42 2 Str damage

After drinking down the potion, Talas wipes his sleeve on his mouth. He then retrieves the items from the hut and lays them near the shifter. "Don't try anything funny," he warns.

"I'm sure there will be more lizardfolk, there has got to be some in the temple itself to help keep the place in evil god worshipping form. They will pay for what they have done."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Chevri immediately began rooting through her backpack, obviously looking for something. It didn't take long for her to retrieve a small pouch- and as soon as she had it, she looked around the group once more. "If any of you have need of healing, I can channel some minor spells. If not, I'd like to restore some of my own strength. And if you could spare some food, I'd be even further in your debt. I've not been closer to the temple than here, though, so I can't say what awaits there- though I doubt it is the rampaging evil god you seem to be seeking..."

Creamsteak

Explorer
pathfinderq1 said:
Chevri immediately began rooting through her backpack, obviously looking for something. It didn't take long for her to retrieve a small pouch- and as soon as she had it, she looked around the group once more. "If any of you have need of healing, I can channel some minor spells. If not, I'd like to restore some of my own strength. And if you could spare some food, I'd be even further in your debt. I've not been closer to the temple than here, though, so I can't say what awaits there- though I doubt it is the rampaging evil god you seem to be seeking..."
"What do you suppose it would be then? A temple containing a powerful holy weapon that can save the world, that has long been kept hidden by a tribe of bloodthirsty and evil lizardmen who only want to destroy it, and have been working on the incantation to corrupt the item for the past one hundred years? That sounds fun too."

pathfinderq1

First Post
"I know not what lies there," Chevri replied, though she gave the man a bit of a quizzical look. "But it seems likely that it is nothing like we might be expecting, for that is so often the way of things. Certainly, my time amongst these lizard-folk was not at all what I might have thought it would be- and still it has come out to the good, I think. Perhaps the temple will hold nothing of import at all, save clues which lead us farther upon the path of our lives."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Drekhad looks slightly sad, but only for a second. "You don't like that idea either? Well... what if it's a portal into the realm of shadow, from which darker and darker creatures flow endlessly into our world. With each passing night, the portal gets stronger and more powerful forces of darkness break into our world. We'll face them all, and with our shining blades we'll rip through them and seal the portal from the nether forever!"

pathfinderq1

First Post
Chevri continued to go through her back, taking out various things and tucking them into other pouches or pockets, clucking now and again as some item or another was recovered. After a moment, though, she looked back at the man who had been speaking. Her voice was still quiet, and now carried the soothing tone which might be used to address a child, or a madman... "The elders of your people must have told many truly wondrous tales when you when a cub, for you to see such destinations on the road of your destiny. I hope the temple does not disappoint you." She looked around the group once more, as if trying to see if the man's grandiose behavior was, indeed, some kind of joke or prank. When she spoke again, it was preceeded by a soft trill of laughter. "Or it may be as remarkable as you say, and your prescience may mark you as the wiser. We will not know until we get there. Will you go now, or shall we wait until the morning?"

OOC: Looking through her pack- mostly for her ring and her holly/mistletoe/components.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Drekhad seems to be getting a bit frustrated... "Gahk. Ok, the temple has a hidden fire-breathing avatar of destruction hell-bent on incinerating this jungle and leaving nothing but Ash. This temple houses just one of the twelve avatars, and the biggest and meanest one is in that volcano over there. We'll run around smashing buildings and fighting off endless waves of opponents, all the while championing justice and life. When it's all said and done, everyone in Q'barra will finally live in peace. Is that one good enough?"

Remove ads