• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Redclaw's Eyes of the Lich Queen

Zurai

First Post
[sblock=Redclaw OOC]Any pings on the detect magic radar?[/sblock]"Well, we know there's some kind of machinery to close the wells off, from the way the dragon called out as it was running with its tail 'tween its legs. Maybe, if all else fails, we can force one of them open. Make a lot of noise, though, and they'd know we're coming."

s@squ@tch

First Post
Hedowin, Mage 5, Hp: 21/21

He knods his head in agreement.

"Those fouls lizards HAVE to have some sort of hidden lever or switch that could control some way into the bowels of this place. And I agree that it would be most logical for them to hide it somewhere in, around, or under that altar."

Graf

Explorer
s@squ@tch said:
He knods his head in agreement.

"Those fouls lizards HAVE to have some sort of hidden lever or switch that could control some way into the bowels of this place. And I agree that it would be most logical for them to hide it somewhere in, around, or under that altar."
[sblock=Checking the altar]Kason's search is +10. If he doesn't find anything he'll search the whole thing thoroughly. The wizard probably knows something...

Should I be rolling?
Usually in my games if the player can't tell the outcome or shouldn't know (detect lies, etc) I (the DM) usually roll; but it does increase the burden on the DM.

How do you want to do it?

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=rolling] I usually work the same way, and have even been known to roll checks that the player alread rolled. Although search checks are fine, as I usually don't allow rerolls on them, (I already searched that, why would I search it again?).
[/sblock]

Alexa's spell seems to be working fine, as every time one of her companions comes into her line of sight she sees numerous magical auras on his or her body, but she detects no magic from the temple itself.

Kason searches the altar, but finds little of significance.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Creamsteak said:
"Axe or a hammer?"

Looking at his left and right sides.

"Oh, you're talking to me, right? Let's do this."

Taking amoment to fetch a few more tasty blackscale steaks, Chevri headed in to the sacrifice chamber. While there was little chance of making the wolverine into a real ally, at least they could free the beast and return it to the jungle...

Graf

Explorer
Kason gives up on the altar. It's a big hunk o' ugly. Nothing special about it.

He goes outside to poke around in the mud huts and survey the outside of the temple.

Redclaw

First Post
pathfinderq1 said:
Taking amoment to fetch a few more tasty blackscale steaks, Chevri headed in to the sacrifice chamber. While there was little chance of making the wolverine into a real ally, at least they could free the beast and return it to the jungle...
It looks hungry and a bit suspicious. It will gladly take the meat, but it doesn't let its hackles down.

Is Chevri going to attempt a wild empathy check?

s@squ@tch

First Post
Hedowin, Mage 5, Hp: 21/21

"Now, now, this just won't do at all." He says as he shakes his head.

Thinking out loud, the mage walks around the room.

"The wounded blackscale retreated down the secret passageway -- but to where? Obviously, there is an underground level to this temple, so he obviously would have retreated to that location to join with the others. If no entrance existed in this room near the altar, then it must be somewhere else in the temple."

As he wanders after the others towards the wolverine, he mulls things over.

"I think we should investigate the secret passageway between the main hall and the wolverine chamber -- possibly a secret passage could be found there, as well as the barracks of the clergylizards."

EvolutionKB

First Post
Talas

"Agreed. That seems like a good enough plan for now. Unless all the blackscale wanted to do was get away. I doubt the dragon would take kindly to failure. If it was only trying to get away from us and the temple our search could end fruitless."

Talas mulls things over for a while. What would Cholas do? "Perhaps if we could find meaning in the art in the main chamber it would give us insight into where a secret passage would be?" Talas goes again to look, possibly for deeper meaning into the bas-relief.

[sblock=ooc]Not sure if I can make a knowledge check again on the bas-relief. Arcana, Religion, Planes, and Nature are all +10[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads