Redesigning the Reviews Page

Staffan

Legend
One thing I saw mentioned in passing in a post in this thread, but that bears repeating again, is: NEVER use "hard" font sizes. By hard font sizes I mean specifying that the font should be 12 points or whatever - the review pages use 7 or 8 points, which is WAY too small (especially when viewed on 1280x1024). Please keep the review texts at size "0" - the default size.

A little late, I know...

... but I've come to the conclusion that the top 10 and bottom 10 lists aren't worth the trouble. As long as someone (like say, Psion) can put all the effort into writing out a detailed, well-thought out 1K to 2K review on a product and someone else can shotgun out a dozen or so "I thought this was cool" or "I thought this sucked" reviews and they all get weighed equally, the top ten list isn't worth the electrons they use up on the screen.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I do sympathize with Monte on this: I read reviews to find out WHY a product was liked. Even if the rating is bad, it doesn't affect my opinion of the product until I read the actual review -

UNLESS the product is one I have no opinion about or interest in the first place, in which case I tend to gloss over products that get bad ratings and take a look at the reviews if the product got a good one.

Remove ads