Relating to CRT guidelines...

Dorghal

First Post
I recently created the character Dorghal and was informed by Magi_Apolline that my character was in violation of the CRT guidelines. I had previously thought that a loxo fit under the 'must be humanoid' rule, and thus I find myself slightly confused as to exactly what fits under said rule.​
Now, Magi_Apolline told me that a character of that nature would cause the local townsfolk to go into a frenzy. On that point, I agree that to be a likely outcome. And yet, I find myself wondering if there would be a way for Dorghal to play, undisguised, in the CRT. Perhaps I could have him entering from a portal instead of the front door, or something along those lines.​
Dorghal does fit the current guidelines for the Great Bazaar and the Cage, but I was simply wondering if they is any way for him to play in the CRT in his true form. Any and all opinions on this matter would be greatly appreciated.​

Last edited:

Krystal

First Post
Even if he *does* teleport into the tavern, you can bet (granted they aren't played) that, being the local tavern, well, LOCALS would be in it. And it'd take just one local to see him to say something and the owner of the bar would have hassles, to say nothing of the hunt they'd start.

Sorry, but unless you can disguise him, I'd imagine likely not. Also, your question is probably better served by Siani, and posted on the rulings board (If they allow questions about rulings which I believe they do) since:

1) It's the rules boards for that setting
2) Siani's the head of that setting

Dorghal

First Post
Krystal said:
Even if he *does* teleport into the tavern, you can bet (granted they aren't played) that, being the local tavern, well, LOCALS would be in it. And it'd take just one local to see him to say something and the owner of the bar would have hassles, to say nothing of the hunt they'd start.

Sorry, but unless you can disguise him, I'd imagine likely not. Also, your question is probably better served by Siani, and posted on the rulings board (If they allow questions about rulings which I believe they do) since:

1) It's the rules boards for that setting
2) Siani's the head of that setting

I'm new to this whole 'forums' thing and wasn't quite sure where this thread would best be posted. I'll have to try to navigate myself to the above mentioned 'rulings board' and perhaps repost it there. Until I do such, I'll leave it here. Thank you for your insight.

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Easily moved.

Krystal's right, this is up to Siani to discuss. We let the setting coordinators have complete say on what's allowed in their areas.

The rest of us just try to enforce the rulings. :)

Magi_Siani

First Post
Hiya. Very unusual character, kudos for the work.

That being said, I'm afraid the CRT isn't for this character in true form. He'd have to use magic or something to appear human/humanoid.

Use the character in the other settings in true form, but in the CRT you'll have to disguise it, and that means a notation in your dessie that in the Tavern the picture doesn't apply and the actual description for him in the Tavern written in plain view.

Siani

Remove ads