• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Relic Hunters in Tekumel (IC)

Rubberneck

First Post
Bella puts away her crossbow and unsheaths her sword,

"Right behind you. Let's target the pirates though, no sense in killing the villagers, unless of course they come at us."

Bella jaunts up to Briony and gives her a nod, and follows her lead.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Angelina held up her hand. "Hold up Ladies. Poison IS a :):):):):):) trade, no doubt. However, I do not want us to be involved in killing innocent villagers. Plus, that seems like a job for the clan or the city, there's a lot of them out there. I think we just need to decide if we are diverting or not, which so far we have three votes to do so. We can go try to find the others, warn them and help them if necessary, then hopefully they will be honorable and let us take the temple. If not, well, we'll take it anyway." She paused and grinned at that. "Killing villagers is easy. Killing those pirates won't be. We need to be cautious of them, especially knowing they have poison. I am also thinking we should get our hands on some, for when we need to report this."

"Yolkana, what do you think of all this?"

OOC: I am assuming their boat was smaller than ours, did it look like we could sail it? How full of pirates was it?

[section] Briony shook her head no. "Not the villagers, no. The village leaders, though, that's another story. I'd snuff that sorry lot, plus the pirates they're trading with." She lowered her two-handed sword a hair, and eyed Angelina. "Let's take care of this little situation here, then worry about how to contact Jack and Crew next."

Briony watched Zephia move through the night, toward the boat. "Where's she headed, you think?" She shrugged, a knot of tension growing in her belly. "This whole situation reeks of trouble. Angelina? Yolkana? Kill the leaders, or not?" [/section]

Rubberneck

First Post
Bella stops and awaits for the group to decide their next move. In all honesty it probably depends on what their guide says. If by attacking the Black Earth clan the group would destroy their treaty with the Grey Wand Clan then it wasn't worth it.

"I say the pirates should die. If the village elders try and get involved then they suffer the same fate. By the looks of things this village could use some new leadership..."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Yolkana came towards the Relic Hunters on Angelina's request, surprised at how the magic-user had detected her. Of course Angelina wasn't sure she was around, and had just assumed, but that didn't stop the Tsoylani woman from staring at Angelina suspiciously. "The loud noises at night were purposely used to cover the villagers activities while you tried to sleep. They removed these pots full of poisonous concoctions and moved them here in preparation for the trade. We can't let that poison get through, as it is obvious these rivermen are some of the bandits raiding further north. The villagers are cowards, however, and will pose little threat. We attack now, kill off the rivermen, punish the Black Earth Clan elders, and then I shall declare my true position and explain to the villagers that they have dishonored their Emperor and will be expected to submit to further authority." Thus saying she rushes forward and unsheathes her sword with intention to kill.

OOC:
d10 for initiative.
Yolkana Initiative: [roll0]
Wisdom Check (SIEGE Engine) w/ Challenge of 2 to See if Pirates Surprised. 18 base since Wisdom is not Prime, plus two for the difficulty, and -2 for the level. They need a 18 through 20 not to be surprised.
[roll1]

Looks like the river pirates are surprised. The Relic Hunters get a free attack at the six River Pirates if they want to attack this round. All are within range of a melee attack with a move, but far enough that ranged weapons are effective.

[section]Briony nodded, held her sword at the ready, and circled forward to the edge of the fray, hoping to catch a larger pirate or a leader unsuspecting. She chose her mark with care, looking for someone who posed an obvious threat, someone others might be reluctant to attack.[/section]
[roll0], Dex 14, and [roll1] with two-handed sword for [roll2]

Rubberneck

First Post
"That settles that."

Bella says rushing the closest target with her sword.

Initiative: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

(OOC :: For some reason I can't pull up the rules atm. Not sure if the website is down or what. I'm not 100% on what to roll for damage with the longsword but I think it was 1d10. If I'm incorrect go ahead and roll the correct dice for me.)

Remove ads