• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Remembering Gary Gygax, One year later

Lord Xtheth

First Post
I was unlucky enough to have never met him, or even seen his real face (as opposed to a picture). But without him and the things he did, I would be a very different person than what I am.

Thank you Gary, Rest well.

Stormtower

First Post
My wife and I got to meet Gary Gygax in person just once, at the Troll Lord booth at GenCon '07. As others have said, he's brought untold hours of happiness and fun to gamers across the globe, and we owe him a debt of gratitude. RIP Gary, and may you roll 20's in perpetuity at the gaming table of the heavens.

D16

First Post
From Far Corners of East

Rest well Gary.
Your remarkable works had played at japan for 20 years. 
I'll play your game for many years to come.

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
I missed this yesterday. I met Gary a few times over the years at a couple of cons, starting back in 1999, and only got to game with him once at Gencon '07. Great man, fun to talk to, great to be around, and just the right mix of bombastic and humble to let you know he never took himself too seriously.

I'll still miss him, and keep my 2nd level Cleric well preserved. :)

Thank you Monte! I was looking for a way to say this, and you did so far better than I could. I have now found my new signature.

Rest in Peace, Gary, and thank you! You are missed, but I know you are in a better place.

It can't be said often enough:

We wouldn't be here without Gary. There wouldn't be an ENWorld. There wouldn't be a Wizards of the Coast.

There wouldn't be World of Warcraft. I'd even argue that there wouldn't be a flourishing fantasy genre of any kind, games, books or movies.

I very likely wouldn't be a writer of any kind.

Remove ads