renau1g's Red Hand of Doom - Beta

Voadam

Legend
Something about the inability of his plant foe to feel pain throws the knight off his psionic rhythm in the combat with it, but he powers through with brute force, stabbing the mound brutally.

ooc concentration 13 fail, attack 23, damage 14, Roll Lookup

Halford

First Post
Father Byden Blaithe FF AC 20 (+ Cover), HP 40, 7/3/8

The Skeletal Owlbear again creaks eerily as it launches another assault upon the Shambling Mound. Unfortunetly it cannot muster its previous accuracy.

[sblock=Hit 21, 8 Damage]SO on SM (1d20+8=14, 1d6+7=11, 1d20+8=21, 1d6+7=8, 1d20+3=17, 1d8+3=6) [/sblock]

The transparent jaws tear into plant matter again sending green much flying.

[sblock=Hit 20, 11 Damage, Grapple 16]Spirit Jaws on SM, DAMAGE, GRAPPLE (1d20+6=20, 2d6=11, 1d20+10=16) [/sblock]

Satisfied with his efforts the good Father takes a defensive position in the cart.

OOC: Full Defense

Last edited:

Arabesu

Yorgan positions himself on the other side of the cart, with a bolt loaded into his crossbow he sweeps it back and forth between the two vegetative targets in case he gets a clear shot at either plant. He will not shoot into a grapple or into the melee with the Psiknight as long as the noble warrior stands. He has no quams about shooting a skeleton by accident so should either Sir Conrad or his construct be eliminated he will take a shot.

The construct continues its mindless pummeling of the assassin vine (AC 17, 18 bludgeoning damage). http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1746622/

Construct: Hp 14, Grapple @ +12 (+10 + muscle ability B), AC 22, construct traits.

Yorgan: HP 40, AC 26 (plus cover from cart), DR2/silver, pp 32, 8 rounds of shifting remain.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
While his zombie continious attack on the vine, Scavenger delivers deadly energies through the spectral hand...
While the zombie misses, strikes the hand true, the plant begins to wither and die as the unholy energy wracks the vine, its tentacles fall to the ground.

The Skeletal Owlbear again creaks eerily as it launches another assault upon the Shambling Mound. Unfortunetly it cannot muster its previous accuracy, but one of its wings batters the mound.

The transparent jaws tear into plant matter again sending green much flying, but it still can't maintain any grip on the creature.

Satisfied with his efforts the good Father takes a defensive position in the cart.

Something about the inability of his plant foe to feel pain throws the knight off his psionic rhythm in the combat with it, but he powers through with brute force, stabbing the mound brutally. Once the 'blade' drives into the plant, it struggles for a moment, before collapsing in a stinking pile of refuse.

[sblock=OOC]
Well done! 640 xp for WD & 600 for everyone else...
[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
The Father picks himself up and makes his way over to the battered Sir Conrad.

"An interesting experience, would that I had not had to expend so many of my higher valences. Still the outcome appears to have been acceptable. Fascinating creatures really. In anycase allow me to do something for your wounds."

The Father chants and soon Sir Conrad's wounds begin to gradually heal over. Byden waits for a couple of minutes, clucks his tongue in annoyance, and repeats the chant which this time completely heals.

"Lesser vigor," he explains, "a useful little spell, though far more valuable outside of combat than in. Is anyone else in need of aide?"

OOC: 2 Lesser Vigors heal 34 points due to augment healing feat.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Sascha emerges from the brush, none the worst for wear. Well, tha' was an adventure, guv'nor. Lets be off, shall we? He sets up back in the cart.

Voadam

Legend
"My thanks Father." Sir Conrad scowls at the collapsed plant matter as he dismisses his mindblade. A few moments of uninterrupted meditation restores both his psionic focus and his psychic strike. "Yes it was interesting, though I prefer the back and forth of a thinking foe."

"I am ready to proceed again." The knight will again pick up his superhuman pace afoot. He resumes the lead to again draw out the fire of any further ambushes.

renau1g

First Post
Managing to follow the guard captain's sparse directions, and overcome the exotic plant life, you come upon a small cabin. A ramshackle front porch is littered with fishing baskets and skinning frames. The cabin overlooks a dark lake, with old grey cedar-trees draped in moss rising out of the water. An old skiff is tied up on the shore nearby, and a little column of smoke curls from the fieldstone chimney.

OOC - you're approximately 200 feet from the cabin right now.

Walking Dad

First Post
"Yes, we should go again." Scavenger says after dismissing his spells.

[sblock=ooc]

S
tats:
AC=20 Touch=13 Flat-Footed=19

Fort:+2 Refl:+4 Will:+5

HP: 57/57 Dmg Red: 2/bludgeoning and magic

Spells Per Day (Save DC 13 + spell level):
1st - 6/6
2nd - 4/6
3rd - 4/4[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
"We may be advised to approach with caution, after all this Jorr fellow does reside alone in an isolated and undoubtedly dangerous area. If you have no major objections I shall hail the woodsman."

Father Byden walks forward until he is perhaps sixty feet from the cabin his hands carefully, although rather half-heartedly, raised to demonstrate he bears no weapon.

"Hello? Excuse me, but we are seeking Jorr the Woodsman to aide us in tracking down a force of Hobgoblins menacing the village. Hello?" He shouts squinting miopically to see if he can discern any signs of life.

Remove ads