renau1g's Red Hand of Doom - Beta

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=Loot Group]
"This price seems very reasonable. I have no need for armor, and a weapon is not all needed. Same for the potions. What do you mean?" Scavenger asks the others. [/sblock]

Arabesu

Whispering quietly and looking about at the disheveled manor, "Meh, I'm surprised he can buy them outright, but that is a lucky break for us. Looking around at the size of the town, I had assumed we would only be able to sell the armor. Which is why I wanted you two with me. Between the three of us I figured we could haggle our way into a fine price. Anyway, I could try to negotiate with him, but it wouldn't be easy since he knows the actual price... lets just take the money and run. As to the potions, I suggest we keep them. You never know when easy curing will be useful."

Voadam

Legend
Sir Conrad Cyr

[sblock] "When will she be back? And who is in charge in her absence? We have a prisoner to secure and interrogate as well as the deaths of locals to report."

[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Sir Conrad & Draxton]
The thin man is quite nervous in your presence and stammers "Uhh... she'll be back within the hour, I think.... with her gone...uh, I guess me. Umm..... prisoners...hmmm.... we don't get too many criminals here. I s'pose we do have a cell to put'im in. I can't be letting you interrogate 'im till the Captain gets back though. What locals are you talking about? Tell me what they looked like and once the Captain gets back she'll have more questions I'm sure." the man finishes, growing more confident as he speaks.
[/sblock]

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Draxton

"Let us see your cell goodman," Draxton says in a calm voice,"If it is adaquate we will leave the prisoner with you and await your captain at the Old Bridge Inn."

ooc: are we playing good cop bad cop Voadam??

Arabesu

selling stuff. I did the math.

While Sertieren is identifying the items, Yorgan takes Sascha with him to step out to begin selling the rest of the gear. Assuming he joins him, they accept the typical resale value (i.e. 50%) and in the interest of time, do not haggle. Scavenger is asked to remain behind to ensure that the three items Sertieren starts identifying when we leave are the same three items that we sell him later (OOC what? me paranoid?). Three hours later they rejoin Scavenger and Sertieren with a bag of gold and a smile.

When Sertieren espouses the value of the items, they graciously accept what he offers for the armor and shortswords. Parceling each of the five party-member's shares (1540 gp and 2 sp), they then proceed to find the Old Bridge Inn and secure rooms.

[sblock=OOC] I'm going to assume that we all agree on selling stuff so we can hustle allong. If you want to "buyout" any of the items below at half price, i.e. Yorgon intends to buyout 3 CLW potions for 25 gp each, then you should probably do so now. Assuming you don't buyout more than your share, then the math should work out.

Tiamat’s Unholy Symbol - not sold, saved for investigation, will probably be destroyed later.
Banded Mail +1, 500
MW Heavy Mace, 156 gp
Light Steel Shield, 4.5 gp
2 x Shortswords +1, 2250 gp
MW Studded Leather Armor, 87.5 gp
12 x MW Longswords, 1890 gp
12 x Composite Longbows [+1], 1200 gp (someone should buyout one, they are nice at only 100 gp each!)
13 potions of cure light, 325 gp (3 "bought out" by Yorgon)
12 x chainmail, 900 gp
3 x Leather armor, 15 gp
3 x spears, 3 gp
courtier’s outfit, 15 gp
355 gp
Total = 7701 / 5 = 1540.2 gp

Oh, and if you are wondering why I didn't just distribute the CLW potions and call them "party" treasure... Scavenger can't use them. So it wouldn't really be fair to him.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Arabesu...
The mace from the cleric is MW as is the armor from the blade bearer and the swords from the archers... so that drastically changes the amount you receive.

[/sblock]

Remove ads