• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

renau1g's Red Hand of Doom

s@squ@tch

First Post
Virashil

"You two, bring those bodies of the others over here and stack them around the sword wielder and the mace wielder -- then I'll scan them for any enchantments."

While he waits for the others to ferry the bodies over, she begins to go through the 2 hobs gear.

[sblock=OOC]
When all bodies are together, casts Detect Magic and scans for any presence of magical auras.
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Zazz accepts the hobgoblin's surrender, disarms him, and marches him back to his companions at swordpoint. "Well, five fell to my blade, and another captured. And me, without a single wound. My skill is becoming the stuff of legend," brags the elf with a wide smile.

Zazz will borrow Vira's rope to bind the captive (assuming she is okay with that). Take 10 on Use Rope, setting the escape DC at 26 (take 10, + 10 for binding, +4 dex, +2 silk rope).

s@squ@tch

First Post
Virashil

After listening to the boastful elf, she sets her pack down and digs out the short length of rope and hands it to him.

"Going off by yourself may have worked out for you this time, but don't you remember that ogre who almost took your head off the last time you tried that?"

She emits a low growl as she teases her fellow elf.

renau1g

First Post
Virashil's magical detection spell sheds some light on the equipment that your enemies carried.

[sblock=Cleric's Corpse]
Unholy Symbol (Religion DC 15 identify)
Banded Mail - minor abjuration
Heavy Mace
Light Steel Shield
1 x blue potion (Spellcraft DC 15 identify) - minor conjuration
[/sblock]

[sblock=Blade-Wielder's Corpse]
2 x Shortswords - minor conjuration
Studded Leather Armor
[/sblock]

[sblock=Archers]
12 x Longswords
12 x Composite Longbows [+1]
12 x blue potions (same as cleric's) - minor conjuration
12 x chainmail
[/sblock]

[sblock=If the DC15 Religion check is made]
The unholy symbol is of Tiamat, the five-headed queen of the evil chromatic dragons.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Additionally there is a ruined farmhouse, which is the structure on the map.
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Avaxasir rolls his eyes. "Yes, but that ogre caught me completely by surprise. If your spell had done what it was supposed to, I wouldn't have had to worry about the brute. Of course, I'm much more aware of my surroundings now than I was then, in my brash youth." The elf finishes tying up the captive and moves to observe the gathered loot, a greedy twinkle in his eye. "Looks like the looters have become the lootees."

s@squ@tch

First Post
Virashil takes a look at the potion vial on the dead cleric and attempts to figure out what it is.

As she does that, she notices the holy symbol around its neck. She takes it out and looks at it for a while, trying to figure out exactly what a (un)holy man would be doing with this group. Was this a hobgoblin war party? Or simply a tribe seeking to increase their wealth? Something seemed odd about it, that was for sure.

Without even looking at Zazz,"Once more you admit how you rely on me to keep you out of harms way."

[sblock=OOC]

Well, there isn't a rank in Know (religion) in the entire group! For shame.

Spellcraft Check on Potion (1d20+5=17)

Is there a need for spellcraft checks on each potion found?
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Zazz shrugs, though Vira isn't looking at him. "we are a team, after all," he answers with a smile. The elf picks up the dead hobgoblin's shortswords, twirling them about as he tests their balance and compares them against his own.

Knowledge (religion), untrained: 6, nope, didn't do it.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Virashil]
The potions appear to be of Cure Light Wounds - no need for individual checks
[/sblock]

[sblock=Zazz]
The swords appear to be approximately the same as your own in balance, weight, etc.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads