Request for Blackscale template

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I am aware of the Blackscale, uhm either Lizardfolk or Troglodyte in the MMIII, but do not yet have said book. I have glanced at it, and I like some of the features of the Blackscale creature.

I was wondering if someone could strip the base creatures stats and post up a Blackscare Creature template for me. Any takers?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Here ya go, quick n' dirty...

Blackscale Creature Template

Blackscale creatures have deep-socketed eyes and flat nasal opening, giving their faces a skull-like appearance. Their scales are black, and a large crest runs from the top of their heads down to the middle of their backs.

Blackscale creatures are fierce, disorganized combatants.

Creating a Blackscale Creature

"Blackscale" is an inherited template that can be added to any monstrous humanoid with the reptilian subtype.

Size and Type: Increase size one category. Type is unchanged.

Hit Dice: Add 2 HD to the base creature.

Speed: Base land speed increases by 10 feet.

Armor Class: Natural armor improves by +2.

Damage: Increase the creature's damage for natural and manufactured weapons as appropriate for its new size.

Space/Reach: Increase the creature's space and reach as appropriate for its new size.

Special Qualities: A blackscale creature retains all the special qualities of the base creature and gains darkvision 60 ft. and resistance to acid 5.

Abilities: Adjust the base creature's abilities as follows: +6 Str, +2 Con, -2 Int, -2 Cha.

Environment: Temperate forests
CR: As base creature +2.
Treasure: Standard.
Advancement: By character class.
LA: As base creature +2.
Favored Class: Barbarian.

Remove ads