• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Request for Info on Deities

Filby

First Post
Hi there. For a few months now, I've been trying to compile a comprehensive list of deities and other immortals in D&D, and I think I've done a fairly good job so far, but there are a few gods I'm still missing, and I figured this was the place to ask for help. I know the names of a few non-human deities I want to include on my list, but unfortunatley, I don't have access to the books in which they appeared.

If it's not too much to ask, could anyone provide me with information on the following deities?

The centaur demigods Naharra, Fanthros, Brilos, and Linroth, mentioned in passing in Dragon Magazine #103.

And the following deities from White Dwarf Magazine (which is an unofficial resource, but I still would like them on my list)...

#39 -- K'ooriall (aarakocra), Dar-Marn-Camac (bodachs), Ggorulluzg (bullywug), T'Ka-Boolk'na (crabmen), Muadaar Ul-Shada (desert raiders), Phraarkillorm (dire corby)
#40 -- Hrussiall'k (firenewt), Ssrpt'ck (flymen), Swulljagoor (frog folk)
#41 -- Kraada (frostfolk), Zrunta Mountainheart (mountain giant), Carratriatuh (greenmen), Klagg (grimlock), Halnass and Quorggg (lava children)
#42 -- Firffuffl'nnb (norker), Ullathimon (skulk), Ranssass Rockshaper (svirfneblin), Kr'tollomoc (winter kobolds), A'Gallamiull (xvart)

If possible, please include alignment, rank (ie, lesser, greater, etc.), sex, portfolio, and home plane, plus a brief description?

Here's what I've got so far...

List 1 -- D&D campaign setting human gods
List 2 -- Real-world gods
List 3 -- Non-human gods

It's not imperative that I get any information, so I'm not asking anyone to rush or anything. But I would be deeply indebted to anyone who could help me out with this project.

Thanks,
Filby.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Filby said:
And the following deities from White Dwarf Magazine (which is an unofficial resource, but I still would like them on my list)...

It's not an unofficial resource, since it published it's D&D articles with the full blessing of TSR.

As it stands, I've almost completed my own resource of all the gods in D&D, save for a few products. I'm looking forward to a comparisson of the finished products.

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Here is the whole of that section from Dragon #103:

Centaurs also have various minor deities and demi-deities of their own. These include Naharra (goddess of fertility and love), Fanthros (god of the sky and weather), Brilros and his sister Linroth (twin demi-deities of strength and speed), and others concerned with health, singing, cattle, and other important aspects of centaur life.

Sorry, that's all she wrote! (unless someone out there knows more than I do!)

As to the White Dwarf gods, here is what I have:

(Name (worshipper races), Align, Rank, Sex, Plane)

K'ooriall (aarakocra), NG, Lesser, M, Beastlands
Dar-Marn-Camac (bodachs), N, Lesser, M, Material
Ggorulluzg (bullywug), CE, Demi, N, Negative
T'Ka-Boolk'na (crabmen), N, Demi, M, Water
Muadaar Ul-Shada (desert raiders), CG, Lesser, M, Astral
Phraarkillorm (dire corby), NE, Demi, M, Hades
Hrussiall'k (firenewt), NE, Lesser, M, Fire
Ssrpt'ck (flymen), LN, Lesser, N, Mechanus
Swulljagoor (frog folk), CE, Demi, M, Carceri
Kraada (frostfolk), LE, Demi, M, Negative
Zrunta Mountainheart (mountain giant), CN, Lesser, M, Limbo
Carratriatuh (greenmen), N, Demi, M, Ethereal
Klagg (grimlock), NE, Demi, M, Hades
Halnass and Quorggg (lava children), N, Demi, M/F, Fire/Earth
Firffuffl'nnb (norker), CE, Demi, M, Abyss (minor demon prince)
Ullathimon (skulk), CE, Demi, M, Ethereal
Ranssass Rockshaper (svirfneblin), (little info given, only that he is "gnomish god of mines, caves, and underground exploration)
Kr'tollomoc (winter kobolds), (probably aspect of Kurtulmak, no info given)
A'Gallamiull (xvart), CE, Lesser, M, Pandemonium

I may get you some more info later, but that's all I feel like doing for the moment. ;) The portfolios and home realms are not exactly well detailed.

Filby

First Post
Thanks a lot, guys, and you especially, Boz. I really appreciate it. :)

Yeah, I'd love to see any other information you can give me, but it's not a big deal and I certainly don't need it on a deadline or anything. Thanks. :)

Filby

First Post
May I request a post of Dar-Marn-Camac from White Dwarf #39? I'd like to attempt a conversion of the bodach (despite my woefully inadequate skills), I'd find any information on him (I assume it's a him) very useful.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i don't have the time right now to type everything up, but i will give you a summary to get you going.

aka "The Striding God", lesser god
attacks with 2 kicks and +4 spear (Dawnshaft), and creates confusion effect when attacked
Alignment and WAL - Neutral
Symbol - Taloned foot
Homeplane - Material
8th level cleric, 14th level druid, 9th level ranger, 5th level monk
can polymorph into giant eagle, axebeak, or giant owl

Filby

First Post
Thank you very much, Boz. :)

Based just on that, I'm thinking... Air, Animal, Earth, and Travel domains, favored weapon spear.

It would be useful to have some of the flavor text, since I'd like to do a sort of Complete Divine style write-up for him... but I'm not on any sort of deadline here. This is more than enough for the bodach's text itself, though. I've got the bodach worked up as a race, and I'll work on doing a monster stat-block for them to post in Homebrews.

Thanks again. :)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
let's give this a try...

Attachments

• bodach-god.jpg
    bodach-god.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 216

Remove ads