D&D 5E Requesting Help in Strahd's Domain

Mirror

Explorer
What CR range are you looking for?
From 5 up to 15. Strahd was increased due to the party having an insanely powerful npc, who, while curtailed, help lead the party here. They are enjoying the changes made, like adding the mists and two oblexs (one of which was an elder that they almost killed) though two members have died. Death was expected since the adventure started with the phrase: death will happen when mistakes are made. If the party wipes the adventure ends, with 2 d10 rolls to dictate when they can play strahd again. Its been a tradition in our group since it first came out in 5e. In a way you can probably call it our very own dark souls dnd.

For those curious, the first member died when he failed a con save for the 5th time against the mists. In one combat. The second from a disintergrate when the alhoon peddler revealed the replacement character amongst his wares when I was trying to get them some easy magic items. The barbarian attacked the alhoon after purchasing some superior healing potions since he thought it was a slaver. It wasn't. The barbarian didn't care. Fight ensued, party backed the barbarian and eventually the alhoon dusted the party member. The replacement character reasoned with the alhoon that it was a misunderstanding, landed the persuasion, and it took its crap and left.

Not helpful advice, but now I want your players to show up in Strahd's Castle and Rick has already killed him... but woe to all... Rick spins around and the Dark Powers have made HIM the ruler of Barovia! He constantly swirls his cape and acts nefarious, but catches himself in the process.

"Y.. you gotta help me! I... I can't stop acting like a BURP vampire!"
"Gotta build something... to beat these dark powers, and set us all free."
"Yeah, it's g... gonna blow up the whole domain. So what? They don't have souls."
"I.. Is that glitter? NOOOOOO!"

They have to kill Rick now. And since it's Ravenloft, his soul can never escape. You're finally free of him!
6c1fa61a9e3b6cda71c924d429f6088654e5f6db_hq.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases